Allow Vibration During Quiet Hours

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if the phone could vibrate during quiet hours.
I want to know that a text message arrived, I just don't want to hear it.

Also, quiet hours isn't really quiet.
There are multiple noises that will still sound.
They should call it no call or text hours.
I want a truly quiet time, schedulable, where no sound is produced.
JJ

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What sounds are you getting during quiet hours?

I'm not getting any notification sounds at all, not from emails or social media either.

I believe the reason for lack of vibration during quiet hours is because even vibrations are not really silent. A device that vibrates on a desk or table sometimes even moves on the desk/table, since the vibration is that intense.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I hear music and a screenshot shutter sound.
I want a silent option.
For instance...
What if I'm in a meeting and want to look at a website or fire up a game?
I don't want to distract, if son part isn't relevant.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
u6ubysa4.png
Well, I hear music and a screenshot shutter sound.
I want a silent option.
For instance...
What if I'm in a meeting and want to look at a website or fire up a game?
I don't want to distract, if son part isn't relevant.

I have the camera shutter sound completely disabled at all times.

To silence any music on websites, that would be done by turning app sounds down to 0.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So, basically, the quiet hours option is pointless?
Hehehe...
Why have it if you have to uncheck and turn down?
Then you have to check and turn up again.
I thought the whole point was to programmatically (whether by schedule or location) define tunes of silence, not just times of no notifications.

Last edited:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont want to be woken by my phone vibrating during the night, if you want your phone to be quite when you still want to use it turn the volume down

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing the discussion back on topic.
I'm not saying that vibration should be forced.
It, certainly, should be an option.
I was, mostly, seeing if there was already a way to do it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The whole point of Quiet Hours is that you don't get notifications when you presumably would not be using your phone. Sounds from apps would not be an issue if you are not using your phone during those Quiet Hours.

If you want certain sounds like media disabled, or only want vibrations for alerts, then that can be controlled manually.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. I would have to agree with the OP. Whenever I use quite hours, I don't need any sound at all from my phone. But I would like a vibrate option for the inner circles instead of sound. Cause, you know when I'm in a lecture (as I am a student), I want to know when a message has arrived but don't want to get notified it with sound, instead just vibrations.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess we have to use the volume rocker, down arrow, and tap-tap on the icons.
It's only 4 steps.
Quiet Hours is starting to feel like a letdown.
Maybe some of this will be implemented in future updates.
I miss the "good ol' days" (Windows Mobile) when you could just hold the volume down and it would switch profiles to vibrate only.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I miss the "good ol' days" (Windows Mobile) when you could just hold the volume down and it would switch profiles to vibrate only.
This ^ seems a no brainer to me. We all know phones from years ago had this option. So easy. Why not now? Tell Cortana to put the phone in vibrate mode and she pulls up some web page. :(

EugB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to be woken by my phone vibrating during the night, if you want your phone to be quite when you still want to use it turn the volume down

I want the quiet hours at night, yes. And that works just great. But there is an option in the settings to turn on Quiet Hours when your calendar says you are busy. This is when I would want it to go on vibrate. I don't want to remember to turn ring tone off at every meeting. Let the phone do that. You know, like it used to with Windows Mobile! Why this isn't a feature is beyond me. But not having any notification at all during a meeting has caused me problems, so I no longer have that option selected in the Quiet Hours setting.

Please bring back auto vibrate settings based upon appointments!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h