Am I just stupid???

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just spent 3 hrs downloading Nokia software recovery tool & what I thought was bringing my 1520 back to before DP only to have nothing happen. Still running 8.1 DP. What did I do wrong? So irritated now!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We can't tell you what you did wrong if you don't tell us what you did. It seems like you have step one down, downloading the recovery tool onto a computer, but what else did you do?

There has to be a guide out there.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a 2 step process. The first download is to download the software on to the pc/laptop. It will then create a shortcut on your pc/laptop. Click on the shortcut and away you go. (if you cant find the shortcut then go on your pc/laptop and go to the download folder to get it) hope that helps. Don't forget to thank and like me and xandros9......its only polite *wink and smile*

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Dont want to ask the same questions that hv been asked a thousand times so uninstalled recovery from PC & tried again, this time never got past the hold volume down & power button till vibrate prompt & plug phone in which it was. Just keeps doing that over & over. First time took 2 hrs to what I thought was restore but did not. Never got the erase data, music etc warning first time so thats y figured I did something wrong. Now I'm seeing others r having same problem so I'm not gonna dink with it anymore tonight.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Since I cant afford new phone if I screw something up gonna just have to wait on Microsoft to fix bitlocker problem. Not the smartest when comes to technology so dont want to screw around to the point of not knowing how to fix. Seems like way to much of a problem for an update. My die hard iphone brother is loving all negative attention this is causing. Not gonna b part of it I guess. Hope the rest of u guys trying to get this to work end up having success soon!! 😵

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12