And my Lumia 920 screen shattered

kevinrk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I should correct myself, it is only the digitizer. I if it is going to cost and arm and a leg, I sure I will fix it myself. When my daughter broke her HTC Arrive, I took it apart and back together in 20 minutes... 920 looks easy to pull apart... Question is can we Get Nokia to do it for free.,

For free?
Unlikely

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
How bout getting a cover? I have otterbox defender series and its the best thing ever. Yeah the Nokia Lumia 920 looks like a tank with it but, it holds like a tank....

Spend a couple of $$$ on a good cover and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be happening a LOT with these phones :(

It may be we're just seeing a lot on these forums, but overall it's pretty typical for smartphones. I dropped my 920 from the counter and it hit so hard it dented the shell (I posted a pic in the forums) but the screen and phone were perfect.

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine Xmas even and the glass cracked... but the phone still worked fine. I sold it on ebay for about $200 and used the money to get a replacement (I didn't have insurance, so paid full price for another Lumia 920, so the funds from the shattered one paid for half of the new one).

I had made a video to prove the phone was functioning as part of my ebay auction... the video is still up...
Lumia 920 with cracked screen ebay auction - YouTube

I keep a death grip on my replacement!

djburkes

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's not hard to replace the digitizer. I replaced one yesterday. I used a hair dryer, suction cup and guitar pick to remove the digitizer from the frame. Just make sure you use black adhesive when you replace it because light will leak if you don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom