Android has Metro envy?

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
N8ter, I agree with you on some of your criticisms of WP. Wasted real estate and overly large fonts are some things I live with. Could be made better by user if we had more apps or an open source OS. But MSFT wants control over it and some people like me choose to live it at that and live with it. Lets face it, WP will never be Android nor iOS and it wasn't designed to be.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
No one ever said that metro is not a beautiful ui..

Just severely limited and missing basic functionality and apps.

It'll improve eventually I hope, them I bet a lot of those users will actually make the switch.

That is one of the awesome things about Android though, you can make it look however you want

Actually I've read posts by at least 50 different fandroids about how ugly metro is... Many compare it to "vomited Lego blocks". I disagree, of course. And I'll GLADLY lack the inability to customize my SMS alert sounds and download 2.5 billion buggy apps to keep from having to do multiple battery pulls a day.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of you early Android adopters (like 2009 and earlier) are still burned by those awful devices. Yes I agree that it is RIDICULOUS how highly spec'd these Android phones are now, but guess what? They are pretty much seemless. **** my two year old MyTouch4G works without a hitch, before I flashed it with MIUI and after. Every OS has their own cons and yes it sucks to wait and hope that your Android device gets the latest update, but they pretty much have been releasing consistent phones and have a great app library to boot. The latter really needs to apply to Windows and yes I'm coming back but my MyTouch will be used on Wi-Fi so I can keep using some of my social apps/games

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
southCoast