Andromeda Question

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I think that a new take might not be a bad thing, although I love the UI of WM, but I'm up for something different. As long as I can have a device with Windows I'm happy! My HP X3 will eventually die, so.....bring it on!

Nayden

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Is it likely that the update for Windows 10 to run concurrently with the release of Andromeda is to put the W10M user interface onto W10 as a new and improved Tablet mode?

I want my live tiles and w10m user interface. Cannot stand that iconiada with android and especially iphones

Mike Dees

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Is it likely that the update for Windows 10 to run concurrently with the release of Andromeda is to put the W10M user interface onto W10 as a new and improved Tablet mode?
I think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Andromeda will ever even materialize. And frankly as a dissapointed Window's phone user I don't really think Microsoft is in the least bit dedicated to mobile. They spend more time developing for Android and IOS than they EVER did for their own mobile platform. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I was an early adopter of Windows Phone. Purchased an HD7 on release date. Even switched to T-Mobile because only they carried it. My primary mobile device has been a windows device since 2010. Even today I sport an HP elite. My loyalty was rewarded by Microsoft telling fans of the platform... "Just kidding folks, we weren't really serious. Go buy an Android."

anachrotech

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Andromeda will ever even materialize. And frankly as a dissapointed Window's phone user I don't really think Microsoft is in the least bit dedicated to mobile. They spend more time developing for Android and IOS than they EVER did for their own mobile platform. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I was an early adopter of Windows Phone. Purchased an HD7 on release date. Even switched to T-Mobile because only they carried it. My primary mobile device has been a windows device since 2010. Even today I sport an HP elite. My loyalty was rewarded by Microsoft telling fans of the platform... "Just kidding folks, we weren't really serious. Go buy an Android."

You said this so much better than I could have. I was absolutely gutted.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I want even more lively live tiles. The information should update more often and the tiles should have more than just two sides to sequentially flip through. More information at a glance. The tiles should, when tapped, open up to the article/item/photo/email/message displayed on the tile at the time it was tapped.

This would be especially useful for Microsoft's business users.

Just my thoughts.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
They spend more time developing for Android and IOS than they EVER did for their own mobile platform.
If you are referring to WinMobile, I think it is only wise not to invest in'em.
1) It's not Win10 PC like Andromeda. Can WM run XPA games? No.
2) It's not a PC, so it started with 0 user base and 0 dev base.
3) It's already late to the party.

0 user + 0 dev + satured market == no way to break the loop. I'm with Nadella. MW has no future since day 1.

As programmer. Why code & QA 4 times (Win10 UWP, Android, iOS and WM UWP) instead of 3 (Win10UWP, Android and iOS)?

I went Nexus because iOS is pro-feature-lacking, I didn't care about WM cause I think it'll never gain traction.
* no 3rd party API-tampered-Android and no custom ROM for me.

Bring Windows to ARM is a logical, smarter move.
I'll be the 1st to throw away my Nexus for XPA (docking on a gamepad style), OneDrive on Demand, light Photoshop usage, pen for notes and draft, light VisualStudio usage and other features.

Last edited:

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I've been using Launcher10 on android and wish it was Microsoft Launcher...

I'd be slick if Microsoft Launcher could run as an app for people who don't want to use it as a launcher.

Here's my home screen:
Screenshot_20181002-163317_Launcher 10.jpg

TILES 'TIL I DIE

Charles3rd

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site

The only problem with Windows 10 Mobile, which if you look in the about page its now just Windows 10 since updates like almost a year ago, is that the start screen does not go into landscape mode... That's the advantage of tablet mode on Windows 10, UI wise... The other big issue is Windows 10 Mobile was never 64 bit friendly, so limited to <4 gb of ram... So bring all the integration of Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10. Allow manufacturers to do 64bit or ARM(64bit), get us a dual screen device. And you have a million people that will buy it day one. I think a million sales are worth it.

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft ever releases Andromeda I would be beyond shocked if the UI had any resemblance to Win10 mobile. While people on this forum like live tiles many others did not. Also, remember the team that developed and designed the Win10 mobile experience is gone. The whole point of Andromeda is to have a smaller form factor version of Windows. Plus no one who currently works at Microsoft wants to be associated with Windows Phones. The whole venture is now viewed as a complete fiasco and a massive waste of money and effort.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster