Angry With Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just saw a link to yet ANOTHER Nokia windows phone. I love new gadgets but .... I used to get upset with the iphone because it remained pretty much unchanged for too long. With Nokia adding what seems like a new phone every month I think companies are losing interest in putting any effort in new cases etc. an example would be Otterbox. There was a time when Otterbox would have a case ready or almost ready for new phones as they are released. I think I am going to sell my Lumia 1520. I have bought and sold 3 phones in the last quarter of last year. Seems as if it was one each month. Maybe it was a little bit longer than one a month, but not much.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So...you're angry that Nokia is releasing too many phones? Should I introduce you into the posts where people are complaining equally that there aren't enough new WP devices?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just saw a link to yet ANOTHER Nokia windows phone. I love new gadgets but .... I used to get upset with the iphone because it remained pretty much unchanged for too long. With Nokia adding what seems like a new phone every month I think companies are losing interest in putting any effort in new cases etc. an example would be Otterbox. There was a time when Otterbox would have a case ready or almost ready for new phones as they are released. I think I am going to sell my Lumia 1520. I have bought and sold 3 phones in the last quarter of last year. Seems as if it was one each month. Maybe it was a little bit longer than one a month, but not much.

lol

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
To me it sounds like you are undecisive and have buyers remourse. I can't tell you what to do with your money, but it seems a little excessive to buy/sell a new phone every month.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Even though I never got to use it, I would have been very happy with the Nokia 1020 ... Couldn't get it unlocked .. sold it and by then the 1520 was here. Found one that was unlocked and bought it. it is too big for my hand. Beautiful but afraid if i wait too long i won't be able to get my money back out of it. If i find an unlocked 1020 i might buy that. I love Windows Phone. I had my iphone for several years. I heard the T-Mobile is paying off peoples AT&T early termination contracts. That might make it easy for people to have a nice phone and NOT be stuck with AT&T ..

Lastly, I don't have money to burn but my kids are now grown and out of the house. Now it's my turn to get new toys whenever i see something i like. I don't resell everything. some hand me down gadgets and gizmos go to my grandkids.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
To me it sounds like you are undecisive and have buyers remourse. I can't tell you what to do with your money, but it seems a little excessive to buy/sell a new phone every month.

Then you don't mind not having as many accessories, cases and the like as the people who own iphones and samsung galaxy phones get? I do.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Then you don't mind not having as many accessories, cases and the like as the people who own iphones and samsung galaxy phones get? I do.

Aside from the 1520 being unique, aren't the form factors for the majority of Nokia devices similar / identical so that accessories can easily go from device to device?

I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure how 'bad' the situation is at present...

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The 920 case didn't fit the 1020 because of the camera bump and neither case will fit the 1520... Neither the 1520 or the 1020 can use the charging plate that i bought for my 920. The international unlocked 920 from Rogers in Canada would get LTE but the International 1020 won't get LTE ... had to buy the USA 1020 from AT&T .. About that time AT&T started refusing to unlock Nokias ..even when Nokia told them to. I had an unlocked AT&T 1020 but i had a sim card tray problem. Nokia repair said it was defective and sent me a new 1020. AT&T refused to unlock the new one. Even tjpugh Nokia contacted them and explained what happened. That one I had to sell LOCKED and lost about $200 selling it. PLUS the money i spent on 2 cases. Lesson learned. Never buy a locked phone even if it is locked to your network because nobody really wants to buy a locked phone for the same reasons..

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I think companies are losing interest in putting any effort in new cases etc. an example would be Otterbox.

Do you have anything to substantiate this?

I've had to wait for cases to come out with my last two Samsung phones, and at one point I read somewhere that OB or another major mainstream case manufacturer had told someone right after a phone launch they weren't going to make a case for the phone in question, but then they came out with one a couple weeks later.... Neither of those phones had squat for mainstream cases available on launch via normal retailers (ebay and amazon had stuff, but not your bigger players). I can't remember the situation with EVERY one of my phones, but I would feel pretty confident saying there never is squat for cases available at or right after launch (e.g. the unfortunate Incipio case or the Nokia case situation we've got at AT&T right now) unless you've got a phone who has been in service elsewhere for a while (e.g. previous SGS iterations). I thought that was just the way things were in the industry these days. Maybe I'm mistaken, I dunno, but that's just my $.02

There are plenty of cases for this phone right now, and there are more than enough reviews around here and other sites to make an educated guess as to what would work for your particular situation. If it MUST have the OB label on it, then I guess you're at their mercy though. I'm not sure what that has to do with Nokia and how many form factors they're releasing though. It would have more to do with projected volume.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
No PROOF but when you buy as many gadgets as I do you notice things like the 1520 has been out for a few months and there is still no Otterbox ,only knock-offs. They (Otterbox) don't mention coming soon. I read here that someone called Otterbox and Otterbox said no plans for an Otterbox case. I don't know because I didn't talk to them, if they mean no plans EVER or for now. There is usually an Otterbox ready when a new iPhone comes out .. Same for the Galaxy phones. Some companies don't even make cases for the Nokias. Speck cases are not being made for the 1520. Why is that? Vaja for example makes beautiful QUALITY cases. For the price of the phone, I think it deserves Vaja Leather. If my business was making cases I wouldn't want to put into production a case where the phone will be old news next month. And the Nokia 1520 and/or the 1020 will be because there is a NEW Nokia on the way. Forgot the name, but it isn't a number. New phone each month would be GREAT for Nokia sales but as an accountant, I would say that is not the case with the accessory makers. I kept my iPhones until a new and different iphone appeared. EXAMPLE. I had the iPad one. I kept it for what seemed like forever and didn't replace it until apps were not being made for the OLD iPad and some apps wouldn't work at all with the iPad 1 .. I think I would have kept the Nokia 1020 for a long while .. I still have my iPad 2 and my iPhone 5 (not 5s because nothing changed except the fingerprint reader..) Besides I don't want Apple to have my finger print .. They shouldn't have it ....

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
the 920 and 1020 had name brand cases as soon as they arrived. Bought each one of them cases at AT&T .. the Speck case and the Otterbox. Seems like AT&T phones get these cases right away. Maybe not on launch day, but soon. AT&T were taking pre-orders the first week or two in November. By the time they arrived, there were cases. There are cases for the 1520 but not by name brands, only knock offs. I got a rugged case for my 1520 .. NICE but doesn't have the screen cover like the Otterbox does. I don't know if there is anything that equals the Spec case .. but when you spend over $500 for a phone, you for sure want a QUALITY case. I sell jewelry on eBay. I can resell Tiffany all the time, but cannot sell knock off Tiffany even if it looks GREAT ..

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the 1520 being unique, aren't the form factors for the majority of Nokia devices similar / identical so that accessories can easily go from device to device?
I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure how 'bad' the situation is at present...

Sometimes I like to keep my phones NUDE but it's kind of hard to do with the sharp edges on the 1520 ... especially if you have small female hands. Being I am not on AT&T I have to buy unlocked. I paid $600 I think for my 1520. I wish I could re-use other accessories with it .. I couldn't use my charger pad with my 1020. Couldn't use the charger CASE for the 1020 with anything but the 1020. It's not just Nokia. iPhone does it too, especially with chargers and sim cards. Lucky for me the sim from my iphone is the right size for the 1520 .. My fault but I have to keep buying new sim cards. Tmobile doesn't give them away. The charger for my iPad is different than the one for my iPhone .. So it isn't just Nokia that is doing it .. It is every one .. The Morphie battery case only fits the iPhone 5 .. But I can't use my iPhone 5 cable to charge the Morphie. When carrying my ipad and iphone I have to carry 3 usb cables with me. That's nuts.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Long story short, you are selling your phone and blaming Nokia because otterbox don't make a case for the 1520.

Looks like you need an iphone mate, that's the only, only, only way you can guarantee lots of cases.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Same for the Galaxy phones.

You mean the Galaxy phones that were out for months before they bowed here (surely that wouldn't have been a factor on top of volume, would it)? Because the Galaxy Note line wasn't so lucky.

Like I said, we're seeing volume-based decisions being made. I'm not surprised. But if you think you can evaluate the quality of a case simply based on a name, then maybe you should go with a phone that will sell in insanely large quantities, so you can get your cases with the names you want. I've had a couple **** OB cases, versus cases which lasted forever for a fraction of the price.

I've had a couple gadgets myself.

Dazzled by the carrot that is the name brand.... On cell phone cases.... I guess I just don't get it, sorry. I think you'd be happier with the iPhone.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, you are selling your phone and blaming Nokia because otterbox don't make a case for the 1520.
Looks like you need an iphone mate, that's the only, only, only way you can guarantee lots of cases.

You are so wrong. I am not blaming Nokia for there not being an Otterbox Or selling my Lumia because there is no Otterbox, I am not selling my Lumia because I am mad at Nokia. I am just saying that pumping out model after model is VERY LIKELY the reason for not having very many accessories for the Lumia 1520. After all, Otterbox made cases for all the previous Lumias. Why stop now? I am selling my Lumia 1520 because I don't like it. It is too big. I settled for the 1520 when Nokia sent me a LOCKED 1020 for my UNLOCKED 1020 even thought they knew mine was unlocked and my unlocked phone was defective, not broken. By the time I got a replacement AT&T had completely stopped unlocking phones. I couldn't use a LOCKED AT&T phone as I am on T-Mobile. I spent 3 weeks trying to get my phone unlocked and finally gave up and bought this phone. No need to suggest an iPhone to me. I already have one. I liked the Windows O/S 10 times better than the iPhone's o/s and a thousand times better than an Android.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Dazzled by the carrot that is the name brand.....

I am not "dazzled" by anything .. I just don't like putting pleather or other junk on an expensive phone. Believe me .. I am not dazzled by anything or anyone .. It was only last year that I sold my 1967 Volkswagon bus and bought my first car with a/c for the first time in 35 years. BTW .. I live in Florida and the VW bus is not a comfortable ride. So don't think for one minute I am a prima donna or anything like that. I just think that quality deserves quality and I don't settle for just anything .. I work hard for my money ..

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You are trying to compensate for something else buy distracting your self with new gadgets.
You mean like the fact that recently my 4 year old grandson died of cancer? I wouldn't even hope to think that any gadget could 'distract me' from that horrific event.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
You mean like the fact that recently my 4 year old grandson died of cancer? I wouldn't even hope to think that any gadget could 'distract me' from that horrific event.

erm, you are an odd person to bring something like that up and throw it at someone else in an internet forum, someone who couldn't possibly have known that and was quite obviously making a joke about Freudian tendencies to boot.

Also the title of this thread is that you are angry at nokia, you then say you are not angry at nokia. At&t failed to unlock your phone for you dispite being "told too by Nokia" and instead of asking Nokia for a like for like replacement or unlocking the phone at a third party, you sold it for a $200 loss. And this is somehow nokias fault.

Ok.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb