Anniversary Update

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So the Anniversary Update is right on the corner full of new features and lots of bugs fixing. I was hoping than this will be the time that we finally get a decent panorama option or something like 360 degrees photos into the camera app, but it seems like we have to wait a little more although it would be a very sweet feature tu add to the Anniversary Update.

What do you think, maybe in the next few months?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So the Anniversary Update is right on the corner full of new features and lots of bugs fixing. I was hoping than this will be the time that we finally get a decent panorama option or something like 360 degrees photos into the camera app, but it seems like we have to wait a little more although it would be a very sweet feature tu add to the Anniversary Update.

What do you think, maybe in the next few months?
I'll take a native camera app that doesn't take thirty seconds before you can do anything with a phot you have taken. You should take the picture and everything like edit and share should be possible IMMEDIATELY.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I'll take a native camera app that doesn't take thirty seconds before you can do anything with a phot you have taken. You should take the picture and everything like edit and share should be possible IMMEDIATELY.

Truer words haven't been spoken in many minutes. The fact that "optimizing" photo for up to 5 seconds before you can even zoom in on it still happens on a flagship phone is unacceptable.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Truer words haven't been spoken in many minutes. The fact that "optimizing" photo for up to 5 seconds before you can even zoom in on it still happens on a flagship phone is unacceptable.

Unfortunately this is the reality, especially if you are shooting with HDR. I also have the impression that camera now takes more time to initiate than before.
This two problems are something that should have been resolved with the Anniversary Update. Plus we should get new panorama features.

mgd 57

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Massive delay on camera ap on Lumia 1520, barely useable now, if your shooting wildlife forget it. This whole system gets worse and worse every build. I just don't get it!!!

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Massive delay on camera ap on Lumia 1520, barely useable now, if your shooting wildlife forget it. This whole system gets worse and worse every build. I just don't get it!!!

I wouldn't go that far, W10M is awesome in many ways and this latest builds work very good and smooth, the last firmware update bring some great fix and improvements to my XL, video recording and slow motion are smoother and with more quality, but yeah some delays on the implementation of some "simple" new features is frustrating.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I think it's device dependent. On my 950XL it takes a second and it's done. But is 1 second too long as well? Should it possibly not be done in the background after the picture is taken? W10M is really horrible when it comes to background tasks. If I go into a game that is downloading extra stuff I want to go and play around with the phone while that happens, but it can't. It pauses and I have to put it in the foreground for it to continue. And it's a pain with games like Asphalt 8 that may have huge downloads occurring.

Even my gym app that worked fine in stable branch of TH2 now can't play timer based tones unless it's in the foreground as of Redstone builds. It almost seems like things are going backwards.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it's device dependent. On my 950XL it takes a second and it's done. But is 1 second too long as well? Should it possibly not be done in the background after the picture is taken? W10M is really horrible when it comes to background tasks. If I go into a game that is downloading extra stuff I want to go and play around with the phone while that happens, but it can't. It pauses and I have to put it in the foreground for it to continue. And it's a pain with games like Asphalt 8 that may have huge downloads occurring.

Even my gym app that worked fine in stable branch of TH2 now can't play timer based tones unless it's in the foreground as of Redstone builds. It almost seems like things are going backwards.

I think the delay, especially in HDR photos, problem is the app it self not the OS. My XL is quick on normal photos but every time I use Rich capture it takes about 10 seconds till it's ready. This close to the oficial update the delay should have been already solved but the lack of something like panorama mode it's even worse.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I think the delay, especially in HDR photos, problem is the app it self not the OS. My XL is quick on normal photos but every time I use Rich capture it takes about 10 seconds till it's ready. This close to the oficial update the delay should have been already solved but the lack of something like panorama mode it's even worse.

Can the panorama issue simply stem from a file size being too large?
For example, on my ex iphone 6s plus which had a 12mp sensor, a panorama shot could be as big as 40mb. now youre almost doubling that with the 950's camera... just a thought.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
For example, on my ex iphone 6s plus which had a 12mp sensor, a panorama shot could be as big as 40mb. now youre almost doubling that with the 950's camera... just a thought.

My 930 with less power (SD 800) and less ram (2g) handled Photosynth pretty well with the same (but different) 20mp camera, so I don't think that the file size is the problem. I really miss Photosynth.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There's a wonderful app for suggestions like this!

Feedback Hub :)

The last bit of information on there was a Microsoft engineer saying that they'll mention something a few months ago (which was 3 months ago). So if anything, it's in the planning stages, or it'll be incorporated in Redstone 2 (which by all means, I doubt they'll incorporate anymore new features this close to the Anniversary Update anyways).

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
and I am just still sitting here waiting for a 5.1/surround recording (and bassfilter) option for my 950xl...... that is the only reason I am still keeping my phone :)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by zimilaci
and I am just still sitting here waiting for a 5.1/surround recording (and bassfilter) option for my 950xl...... that is the only reason I am still keeping my phone :)

Really? Is that really a demand required of a phone? Are you aware of how many mics you need for 5.1? Big studios have them everywhere, unless you are Christopher Nolan and you screw the final mix up consequently spoiling interstellar.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is that really a demand required of a phone? Are you aware of how many mics you need for 5.1? Big studios have them everywhere, unless you are Christopher Nolan and you screw the final mix up consequently spoiling interstellar.

He's talking about a feature that apparently was there before on the 930 with 8.1 and such.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, yes it is really a demand now that I know it was previously possible with the 930 Lumia, which has also 4 Mics, just like the 950XL.

I would like to have this feature back...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

My 930 with less power (SD 800) and less ram (2g) handled Photosynth pretty well with the same (but different) 20mp camera, so I don't think that the file size is the problem. I really miss Photosynth.

in case you missed it, panorama is back, by default in the camera app Windows 10 Mobile's Camera app adds long-awaited Panorama mode | Windows Central

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Panorama in windows phone 8.1 did not utilise the full capability of the camera. The pictures weren't that big or detailed. I had a 1020 and the panorama image or photosynth image was smaller than a single high res photo taken with the camera

I think panorama takes the basic quality or size and stitches them and not use the full power

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Panorama in windows phone 8.1 did not utilise the full capability of the camera. The pictures weren't that big or detailed. I had a 1020 and the panorama image or photosynth image was smaller than a single high res photo taken with the camera

I think panorama takes the basic quality or size and stitches them and not use the full power

And the new panorama mode (although it works awesome) does the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny