Any bugs for those using WP 8.1. Update 1 Preview?

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to switch to the preview version of the WP 8.1 update. Not sure I wanna jump on Windows 10 Preview right away, since it'll be first release and I'm afraid of killing my 1520.

Remind me, what are the consequences if I upgrade to a preview version while on a contract and something breaks? As I recall, the carrier won't replace the device and you've essentially broke your phone and have to "buy" it again.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
One "bug" I noticed in cyan on preview for development is a problem to automatic connect / disconnect to/from a network. I often needed to use the manual connect.

About warranty. As long as you can use the Lumia software recovery tool you can revert back to the latest official software for your phone. So your carrier will not "find out".

You could have used P4D already for a few months. But now denim is rolling out so I would not recommend to install P4D because if you could already wait so long than you also can wait a (few) week(s) or so more. Specially if you are concerned about warranty.

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It appears AT&T has confirmed it is coming soon through Twitter. I hope that doesn't mean like August or something.

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I rolled back to the release version because when I use the PFD song titles and artists do not show up on my car stereo when I connect the phone via Bluetooth, and I cannot control the phone via the stereo controls. On the release version this works fine, but on PFD it does not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077