Any calendar app like Week Cal?

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all-

Recent convert to WP and new owner of an L830. Overall, very pleased.

I'm not thrilled, however, with the calendar. Saw rave reviews for Chronos and just tried Chronos +. It certainly looks nice and has some layout improvements, but doesn't solve my problems.

I was using Week Calendar on my iPhone before the switch and could really use the following features in a WP calendar app:

1. Monthly appointment repeats by Day of the Week. Both the native app and Chronos give me an option to repeat monthly according to date. That's useless, when my meeting is monthly on the first Thursday or second Tuesday of each month. The date is ever changing! I have at least a half dozen meetings per month that repeat like this. The only solutions appear to be a) enter each occurrence separately, b) enter it weekly and then go back to delete 3 of the 4 entries per month, or c) repeat them weekly by date and then manually edit every entry for the year ahead that doesn't fall on that same date (which will be most of them).

2. Being able to physically move an appointment when viewing them on the weekly display view. Week Calendar lets you press and hold the appointment and then move it around from hour to hour or day to day just like moving a tile on the start screen. Often my appointments change and need this kind of easy adjustment without opening the entry and resetting each detail.

3. Less important, but nice: color coding each event/entry.

Are there any WP apps that have these features???? Or am I missing some secret setting somewhere? This is probably the worst part of my transition from iPhone. The lack of features in these areas is painful.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not a Calendar - but ... ReAlarm (an app) has such features

Alternatively, the appts can be set that way via Outlook Calendar (via a web browser) & will sync with your (phone) calendar.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've tried all of the calendar apps over the past few years. I keep coming back to Simple Calendar. I use it on a Nokia 1520 synched through Office outlook. It offers nice views as well as multiple scheduling options. You might try it; I think it's free.

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

Microsoftjunkie --> No, I hadn't noticed Calendar for Business at all, yet; but, it looks promising based on the app images. I will definitely give it a go.

aximtreo --> I've read some good reviews on Simple Calendar, but hadn't gotten beyond Chronos at this point. (Rather than fiddle with every option in the store, I thought I'd try for some expert opinions from you guys first). If Calendar for Business isn't the right fit, I'll give Simple a look, too.

MDK22 --> I'm not sure if I should kick myself or kiss you! Until you wrote your comment about the Outlook interface, I had only looked at the drop down menu that merely shows "Monthly" for repeat. Had I actually clicked on that option, I would have seen the further details that appear allowing for the timing selections I want. Great!!! While I'd still love to have that option OTG from the phone, just having it somewhere is 95% of the battle. Also, the ReAlarm app looks intriguing, too. Hadn't thought about the possibility of tying in scheduled appointments just to an alarm app. I may not go that route, but it is a great back-up option.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply - you've been a great help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen