Any Focus 2 owners out there?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am not surprised from the totally unsupported launch that this is a quiet forum, but is there any users out there? I thought this was a GREAT device: LTE, seamless operation, and really, really great visuals against the White body. I feel it is simply some memory space away from being the best bargin out there, WP or otherwise.

Anyone make the jump to this? I am really interested in your thoughts on this underrated gem...

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this place is so dead. Honestly the Focus 2 is a great device but I guess it is over shadowed by the Lumia 900 and the Titan 2.

Personally the size of the phone with the 4" screen would be great. I wish the Lumia 900 had less of the bezel on the bezel is has going on. We want larger screens but not bulkier phones. The Lumia 900 is a little too bulky, vertically we have an extra inch of wasted space.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Its basically a Windows Phone version of the Exhilarate. I've seeing some people with it. The Flash looks way better.
Interesting, Fang, I feel must the opposite. I like the Flash, but the feel of the Focus 2 and it's rounded design along with the striking way the keys stand out from the white body just makes for a unique phone, especially for Samsung. One of my daughter's best buddies has Flash, and it just seems to be a black slab with an oversized home key. I also think the screen pops better on the F2, again because of it's white body.

Both are GREAT bargins, and identical experiences, but the F2 stands out.

I am with Tyresian. Can't believe NO ONE has this LTE bargain.

JD505

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just got my F2 last week. I've had the iPhone 3G, and several Android phones, and now this one. I must say, while it doesn't have the app selection of the other two OS's, I really like the way the OS flows in Mango. I've got the Straight Talk sim (that I cut to fit the micro-sim slot in the F2), and it's working great! I did have some trouble getting MMS running, but it's working like a charm now.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!!! I am happy to see another F2 owner on the boards. Like I said in the first post, I think you just may have the best kept secret in the Mobile world residing in your pocket. Do not be shy about posting your feelings and review on the phone!!

And please feel free to pop in and post on the other Focus forums. It still seems a little quiet here, and there is usually plenty of activity on the Focus S and the original Focus forums, as well as the Focus Flash. Plenty of knowledge to mine from the users here.

Enjoy, and keep posting!! This is a great community here. I follow other sites, but this is the only WP site I post on because I find the users are a positive, amusing group.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I might be the next Focus 2 owner. My Lumia 900 just bricked and I will have to take it back tomorrow.

Not very happy right now and I was deciding between the Focus 2 or the Lumia 900 because the Titan 2 is too big and the battery life isn't that great. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I might be the next Focus 2 owner. My Lumia 900 just bricked and I will have to take it back tomorrow.

Not very happy right now and I was deciding between the Focus 2 or the Lumia 900 because the Titan 2 is too big and the battery life isn't that great. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.
That is interesting- I found the 900 to be about the same size as the Titan and T2, just HTC made better use of the acre of space than Nokia did. I also noticed you have the T2 as your device- did you turn in the T2 for the 900, which is the one bricked now? Or just more than one WP? Just curious. I learn a ton from reading about likes/dislikes from other users.

I really, really like the F2. Be very interested to hear if you grab one. (Smaller amount of memory isn't a problem?)

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That is interesting- I found the 900 to be about the same size as the Titan and T2, just HTC made better use of the acre of space than Nokia did. I also noticed you have the T2 as your device- did you turn in the T2 for the 900, which is the one bricked now? Or just more than one WP? Just curious. I learn a ton from reading about likes/dislikes from other users.

I really, really like the F2. Be very interested to hear if you grab one. (Smaller amount of memory isn't a problem?)

I traded in the L900 for the T2. They had one in store and yeah, it wasn't TOO big at all. Having some data connection issues with it though. Says I have full 4G but when I load up apps that use data it says no connection.

I am having unbelieveable bad luck with WP devices lately. Turns out the T2 has a lot of connection issues if you look at the forums here or around the web. Just like the L900 I thought "This won't happen to me."

Pretty aggervated right now. Might be taking the T2 back as well. We will see... If I do I will either be getting the Focus 2 or the Galaxy S3. I really, Really, REALLY don't want to get an android though.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I traded in the L900 for the T2. They had one in store and yeah, it wasn't TOO big at all. Having some data connection issues with it though. Says I have full 4G but when I load up apps that use data it says no connection.

I am having unbelieveable bad luck with WP devices lately. Turns out the T2 has a lot of connection issues if you look at the forums here or around the web. Just like the L900 I thought "This won't happen to me."

Pretty aggervated right now. Might be taking the T2 back as well. We will see... If I do I will either be getting the Focus 2 or the Galaxy S3. I really, Really, REALLY don't want to get an android though.
Well, being happy with your device is important, and it is pretty important it actually works. If you are getting an Android, the GS3 is the way to go. But, I do have to throw in props for the Motorola Atrix HD which is recieving RAVE reviews and is expected to be released fairly soon, I believe today the 15th of July.

BUT, since I do not want you to go to Android either....

The F2 is well worth trying. Again, going from a 4.3" screen on a 900 or a 4.7" screen of the T2 is really a different experience, especially if you watch videos and play games a ton. Also, that keyboard sure does shrink on a 4.0" as well. I assuming you are sold on LTE, which I do not blame you for. But, if not, see if the Focus S is an option. You can cruise our forums and see how pleased we all are with ours. Very little negatives.

HTC truly dropped the ball with both Titans, and I do not know why. Bugs and problems are all over the place. My wife is on Titan #3 for issues. Nokia is at least supporting the 900, but no reason to push your luck if you are not that impressed. But, you will not be disappointed with Samsung if you grab the F2, the "S", or go with the (sigh....) GS3.

Let me know what you decide!!

JD505

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!!! I am happy to see another F2 owner on the boards. Like I said in the first post, I think you just may have the best kept secret in the Mobile world residing in your pocket. Do not be shy about posting your feelings and review on the phone!!

And please feel free to pop in and post on the other Focus forums. It still seems a little quiet here, and there is usually plenty of activity on the Focus S and the original Focus forums, as well as the Focus Flash. Plenty of knowledge to mine from the users here.

Enjoy, and keep posting!! This is a great community here. I follow other sites, but this is the only WP site I post on because I find the users are a positive, amusing group.

Thanks! I honestly feel that this is the phone I never knew I needed. I wrote a review of the phone for my wife's blog here. She runs a review site, and we got this phone from AT&T to review and keep. She didn't like it, but I love it.

I'm trying to find some solid instructions for updating the phone to 7.8, but the 'easy' way of trying to trick Zune to do it, doesn't work on this phone. Got any ideas?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find some solid instructions for updating the phone to 7.8, but the 'easy' way of trying to trick Zune to do it, doesn't work on this phone. Got any ideas?

I assume you know that the 7.8 update is months away from being released? If I were to guess, it will come out sometime after WP 8 is released to OEM's.

It is the Tango update which is supposed to be "forced" in the manner you are speaking about. And as far as I know, that trick works for the "S", maybe not the 2.

Can't believe your wife didn't like it....

And I like your web site. Congratulations. Easy to see you have put a ton of work into it!!

JD505

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I did mean the Tango update, my bad lol.

Yeah, it didn't have the apps she needed (pintrest, paypal, instagram, etc...). I mainly use facebook, twitter and access my gmail and corporate email.

And thank you for the site compliments. It's my wife's site (and her hands in the pics), but I wrote her the review lol. Ok, and I help fix things when she breaks something lmao.

I would like to see if there is any kind of tweak to turn the screen on with a button other than the power button. I've worn out power buttons before, and I'd had to do it to this great phone.

And I'm finding not many people use this phone, the forum over at XDA has next to nothing for it as well

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see if there is any kind of tweak to turn the screen on with a button other than the power button. I've worn out power buttons before, and I'd had to do it to this great phone.

And I'm finding not many people use this phone, the forum over at XDA has next to nothing for it as well

Sorry, unless you count the camera button waking up your phone (which I disabled due to being tired of nice camera shots of the inside of my pockets), the physical button is it. i wouldn't worry- I believe they should be good for a million or so pushes. Okay, I am making that up, but they are durable.

And as for the phone, that is why I have encouraged F2 owners to hit the other Samsung threads. There really is no difference except design and size. The Focus Flash, the Focus "S", and original Focus are all good places to pick users brains. I do it all the time!!

And my Wife is looking to start her own web site to sell her crafts on. So since this will be HER website, with HER crafts, and HER idea, that means I can look excitedly to many hours of trying to get it to work for HER!! Apparently, I am a package deal. She goes to work, and I am thrown in as labor for free....

:-D

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

powered down Beside Camera to power on, no..

But from Lockscreen - window key if you hold it down for a sec of so..

Well focus 2, flash, omina w have been kinda hard to crack so that is why. First gen phone where much easier to crack and apply custom rom's etc too..

Focus 2 is a great phone once again, If it would have been out back in Feb/March I would have gotten it instead of the Flash..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo