Any Mango memory cards in the ... cards?

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been keeping up with the mango news but I haven't seen anything about memory card support in Mango. Have I missed it or is there really nothing to report?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Given that the Focus is still the only device with expandable memory, I'm not sure there would be anything to report.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For current devices they will stay the way they are without support for sd cards. As for newer devices its up to the OEMs if they want to go through the pain in the *** of writing special firmware for it. The nature of the OS doesn't allow for expandable storage, and haven't heard of that changing for mango either.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well this is certainly disappointing. I love this OS so far but 8/16/ 32gb just won't cut it for me.
Don't forget you have a 25GB, fully accessible SkyDrive. WTH do you need more than 32GB for anyway. Just more to restore after a hard reset for me. After nine months I still have about half of my 16GB free.

Removable storage means restoring the file management system, and that will never happen in WP.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Some people need the extra memory jimski. What if he wants the entire catalog of Ranma 1/2 on this phone for everyday enjoyment? We can't hurt him for that.

Anyway TC. There's a Dell Venue Pro phone that has 64GB ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66