Any one know what happen? My screen can't be activated by my fingers. It froze!!!!!!!

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine bugs out occasionally and I have to do a hard reset. Kind of annoying but not annoyed enough yet to actually replace my phone.
Can you hold down power + volume down til it resets?

majorawsome

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep. But it didn't work.
It still froze.

Anyone tell me ?

When this happens to me I put it in the freezer till it's cold. Put in a zip-lock back and suck all of the air out so it reduces chances of condensation within the phone. If it doesn't work out of the freezer restart it. If it still doesn't work, put it in for longer.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 928 and a few buddys do in the office as well. Since the Amber update, the touch screen will randomly stop working. Each and everytime holding the volume and power button and getting it to reboot has fixed it. If that does not fix it for you then there is probably something physically wrong and it probably needs to be warrenty replaced.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a 928 and a few buddys do in the office as well. Since the Amber update, the touch screen will randomly stop working. Each and everytime holding the volume and power button and getting it to reboot has fixed it. If that does not fix it for you then there is probably something physically wrong and it probably needs to be warrenty replaced.
I think it must be some physically wrong in my 928.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
one of my 928's was not responding to soft reset buttons or touch. I could not slide the screen down to power it off and reset...

We waited til battery died. charged it. And it came back on without problems.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
one of my 928's was not responding to soft reset buttons or touch. I could not slide the screen down to power it off and reset...

We waited til battery died. charged it. And it came back on without problems.

Hold down the down volume and the power button for about 10+ seconds and it will reboot so no need to wait for it to discharge. It will probably happen again.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hold down the down volume and the power button for about 10+ seconds and it will reboot so no need to wait for it to discharge. It will probably happen again.

This caused the slider to appear on screen saying 'slide down to restart'...however, since touch screen is inactive, there is no way to get slider to go down. Therefore, discharging seemed only solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99