Any Windows phone will work on Verizon!!!

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I chatted with Verizon to let them know I was leaving them after 10 years because of their lack of support for Windows phone:

I do see the previous conversation you had with Matt. We would definitely hate to see you go Rob! We value all our Verizon Wireless customers and do everything in our power to make sure your experience with us is a great one! I understand your concern towards your choice in phone not being offered on the Verizon Wireless network however, if you purchase a new Windows phone unlocked you will be able to put that device on your Verizon Wireless account. It will be a little bit of a process but we can definitely get that done for you so that you can continue using Verizon Wireless as your service provider.

Rob: at 22:55:01

Are you sure? A lumia 640XL[

Samantha: at 22:56:49

Yes, as long as the device is unlocked it does not matter the model. Verizon Wireless is also carrying GSM devices.

Samantha: at 22:58:00

Rob: at 22:57:07

Will I have the same service?

Yes, you will keep the same number and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service.

Rob: at 23:00:46

Microsoft just released their flagship 950 and 950XL. AT&T is the only carrier I'm aware of in the US that will be carrying it. Microsoft offers both in unlocked version from their store. You believe I would be able to use one of those and my wife use the 640XL on Verizon with full functionality (If that is a word)

Samantha: at 23:02:55

Yes, that is correct. As long as the device is unlocked we will be able to put it on the Verizon Wireless network. The only thing that is going to appear different on our end with it not being a Verizon Wireless device is that it will appear as so. When you look at your device through the My Verizon account you will see "non verizon device" instead of the actual device itself.

Samantha: at 23:02:55

As far as your service you will receive all functions that you would on a Verizon Wireless device.

Rob: at 23:03:39

GREAT!!! I'm in, how do we make this happen?

Samantha: at 23:06:43

Wonderful! I am glad we were able to find a solution to the windows issue this evening! Once you purchase the new device all we need from you is to call in to our Technical Support department and provide us with the device ID so we can activate the device on your line for you.

info: at 23:07:14

We apologize, but the Chat session has ended unexpectedly. If your issue remains unresolved, please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204.

system: at 23:08:09

You are not currently in a chat session. Thank you for your patience.

system: at 23:08:47

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Uh, no. . . .

There are so many threads here about this subject. They cover the technical issues regarding phone activation and operation on the Verizon network. Samantha was wrong. . .

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to see. I've ordered an unlocked 640XL. Samantha was someone that I was escalated up too. My original person was named Matt, as I was signing off he asked me to hold on and he would connect me to someone else. I hope she is right but if not...Straighttalk it is.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It might work, but I'm guessing you'll get limited service (only 4G). Definitely interested in seeing what your experience is. I'm on Verizon (part of my family's plan), but I'm thinking of trying Cricket (AT&T's network) since it's only $35 a month with 2.5GB of data. Tethering is $10 extra unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Zane Keniston

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought unlocks 640XL from MS store, Verizon would not support it...said it was locked...went across street to at&t and put a SIM in and made a phone call...tried vzw chat, vzw store, and a third vzw tech...last vzw tech said only chance is to swap my SIM out of 928 into 640XL and see if could make a call...it didn't so returned the 640 to MS...bummed
Would really like to know if it works for u....

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't have high hopes. I called Verizon tech support and talked to a lady that had no clue. She sais she did not think it work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254