Anybody with a Lumia 920 on Telus?

Razko

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody is using a 920 on Telus at the moment. Have the MMS issues and signal problems been resolved?
I would love to get a few perspectives.

Thanks! :smile:

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does Internet Sharing work? On SaskTel with an unlocked Rogers 900 and internet sharing doesn't work (I think the issue is fairly well known with no simple solution), so just wondering if I was to get an unlocked 920 if i'd still have that issue. Really needing to go to WP8 soon, getting left in the dust for apps/features.

Trevor Rhodes

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a Lumia 920 for 3 months with Sasktel and through countless hours of trying i could not get mms to work. My phone bricked one day and i have no receipt so i bought an unlocked 1020 which i have had for one day. I have spent about 6 hours trying to get mms to work and i cant. I have changed all possible APN settings in every combination. I have tried using the access point functionality and even though it gives me sasktel i can not send mms. i have also tried manually creating an access point with the settings required and to no avail. This is my 4th windows phone on sasktel in the past 3 years and i have yet to send or receive one mms... brutal. if you figure yours out please help.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Does Internet Sharing work? On SaskTel with an unlocked Rogers 900 and internet sharing doesn't work (I think the issue is fairly well known with no simple solution), so just wondering if I was to get an unlocked 920 if i'd still have that issue. Really needing to go to WP8 soon, getting left in the dust for apps/features.

Internet sharing works on my mother-in-laws Lumia 520 on SaskTel.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You need to install the "access point" app. Once you select your carrier, it will set up Data, MMS and Internet Sharing for you. Works flawlessly for my Rogers L920 on Bell.

Quasimodo2k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Using Lumia 920 Black, bought from Rogers, later unlocked, and been using with Telus for the past 4 months, installed Acces Point, and all features work MMS, SMS ant internet sharing, no issues

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a Lumia 920 for 3 months with Sasktel and through countless hours of trying i could not get mms to work. My phone bricked one day and i have no receipt so i bought an unlocked 1020 which i have had for one day. I have spent about 6 hours trying to get mms to work and i cant. I have changed all possible APN settings in every combination. I have tried using the access point functionality and even though it gives me sasktel i can not send mms. i have also tried manually creating an access point with the settings required and to no avail. This is my 4th windows phone on sasktel in the past 3 years and i have yet to send or receive one mms... brutal. if you figure yours out please help.

Trevor, I have a Rogers Lumia 920 unlocked and activated on SaskTel. Try these settings and let us know...

* Data Connection: ON
* Data Roaming Options: Don’t Roam
* Highest Connection Speed: LTE
* Network Selection: Automatic

Install Nokia Lumia Access Point App and manually setup a new access point with the following settings...

Internet APN:

o APN: inet.stm.sk.ca (if this doesn't work, try proxy.stm.sk.ca)
o IP Type: IPv4v6

MMS APN:

o APN: inet.stm.sk.ca
o WAP Gateway: mig.sasktel.com
o WAP Gateway Port: 80
o MMSC Url: http://mms.sasktel.com

o MMSC Port: 80
o IP Type: IPv4v6

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I used the Access Point app to address any MMS and connection issues. After that, you have to manually add the APN in the cellular settings to unlock the tethering.

ArchonData

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just thought I'd chime in with my own experience in case anyone else comes across this thread while searching. I also have a Rogers-branded Lumia 920 that I unlocked and moved over to Telus. After initially trying to set the Internet and MMS APN settings manually with only partial success, I came across this article (and others) that suggested I use the Access Point app. After deleting all the manual settings I plugged in and getting Access Point setup, I can report that everything works perfectly - LTE, Internet Sharing, and sending & receiving MMS messages.

I heard from a friend of mine that there was a bug in the Access Point app a couple of months ago which caused a lot of people issues. A subsequent update has apparently resolved these issues.

Randy Spear

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
i'm with telus and i'm meeting a guy this afternoon to trade my note 2 for his unlocked lumia 920. Will my sim card work when we meet?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb