anyone dropped their L900 yet? other than me?

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol I about crapped my pants. I've never dropped a phone before. I actually knocked it off a table onto a concrete floor. I have a white one and a gelcase. And it landed on its back not the glass. I was lucky but it still made quite a big thump.

Anyway, I'm happy to report everything is a-ok and nothing seems to be damaged. At least now I'm convinced its made decently. Definitely would have gotten acratched though without the case

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i dropped mine the other day, fell on the corner against asphalt, not a nick on it that I can see.

I do use the bumper I bought more after dropping it without it on...

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
From pocket while sitting on bench about 3feet high to basement slab, screen split right across the entire width of the phone. Was a sad day indeed, since I iPad full price and did not get insurance. I'm on phone #2.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I dropped my white lumia900 and it bounced off the ground and i am reporting houston we do have damage the corners are dinged the thing that tippped me out was it really bounced but no scratched on the screen just damage to the points.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe I got credit for the first drop of the lumia 900, around 2pm when the preorders were showing up. No damage what so ever.

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
From pocket while sitting on bench about 3feet high to basement slab, screen split right across the entire width of the phone. Was a sad day indeed, since I iPad full price and did not get insurance. I'm on phone #2.
duuuuuuuude that sucks... did you have to shell out all that $$$ again?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Once in my bedroom. Was walking really fast and lost my grip

Sent from Le Lumia de Cyan using Board Express

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I dropped my white lumia900 and it bounced off the ground and i am reporting houston we do have damage the corners are dinged the thing that tippped me out was it really bounced but no scratched on the screen just damage to the points.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Same here, dropped (no case) on corner, (from chair)

The corner bent a little but the material is like plastic rubber, this thing will bend but not crack.

After a few days the bent corner started to reshape back into place, now you can just barely see if thte damage, only if you look for it.

Good material for a phone, I dont use cases or covers... I want my phone in 2 years to look likes it needs replacement! I carry it in my back pant pocket always. So far no scratches on screen, but a few on the chrome camera cover thingy.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I want my phone in 2 years to look likes it needs replacement! I carry it in my back pant pocket always. So far no scratches on screen, but a few on the chrome camera cover thingy.

I want my phone in 2 years to look like I can sell it for a good profit. Lol

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I want my phone in 2 years to look like I can sell it for a good profit. Lol

Easy...

In 2 years, drop the phone in water.... by then your deductible will be at @$50.
Recieve a NEW or refurbished phone in a BOX.

Now charge the extra $50 when you now sell a phone NIB!

:)

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Man. If U have American express built in 90 day accidental free warranty it would not have cost u a penny.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Easy...

In 2 years, drop the phone in water.... by then your deductible will be at @$50.
Recieve a NEW or refurbished phone in a BOX.

Now charge the extra $50 when you now sell a phone NIB!

:)

Not really. Paying for insurance for 20 plus months adds up quickly.

In my opinion unless you are just clumsy with electronics. Insurance is not worth it.

Plus my credit card covers second year warranty if needed for usual an normal wear and tear. Of course they don't cover drops or water damage. But if you are careful and use some form of cover. Most phones will survive a normal 3 foot drop on concrete.

I have had blackberry and iPhones and android fall from 3 feet. Not often but maybe once a year. They are survive without a scratch with a cheap $5-10 gel cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99