Anyone else having discolouring on corners of HTC 8X

AzelDazel

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mines with HTC UK at the moment, had discolouring on the corners and back after a week and a half of use and also the paint on the volume rocker flaking off to leave little white speckles, even with a HTC doubleshot case on it.
There's no guarantee they will cover it on the warranty though as i'm still yet to hear from them even though they had the device since the 7th. Will let you know what happens.

sharpinator

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
had mine 3 weeks and just started noticing darkened corners! I got mine in the beginning of jan from HTC so I'm pretty sure it was in a new batch and I've got the corners and if you are lucky enough not to have them you will! I have been using mine without a case and its literally like I got the discolouration over night which is very odd to me! I ordered a tpu case for mine straight after I noticed the corners! They aren't as bad as mosi76 but I can see them getting that way if I carry on without a case. The thing is the colour and design of this phone is great and it will be a shame to cover it up with a white/clear case but unfortunately it has to be done. To be honest I use cases on all of my phones because they've all been black so I suppose this is what I get for using the phone naked!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I had discoloration on mine but prevent it now, cleaning it every few days using eye glass cleaner and a non-abrasive rag. Works for me and no dye residue either.

Chefgummydee

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Here are my four corners. I had the phone for 2 weeks in Florida and kept it in jean pockets with no issue. I got back to DC and started putting the phone in my dress pants and winter jacket breast pocket and about a week later I noticed the corners. It's almost like they all happened simultaneously. I have contacted HTC via their website and will update the post with their comments.

View attachment 25309
UPDATE: HTC contacted me within an hour of sending in the original email via their website. The technician said he had heard some other cases of discoloration and offered a warranty repair/replacement. For me this is a secondary phone so it was not an issue to work through the repair process. I will be sending the phone in and he said they would likely just replace the cover and send it back to me. He did not acknowledge this as being a widespread issue but he did say that he had read some peoples posts regarding the discoloration. He said it was possible the coating was not evenly applied to the phone and that was causing the issues in the corners. He said he has tested the AT&T and Verizon versions of the 8X and he has not seen the discoloration in person. He claims to keep the phone in his jean pockets without a case and had had no issue with the discoloration.

Unfortunately the corners of the HTC Doubleshot case look exactly like the corners of the phone in these pictures after about a month of use. Interesting/disappointing that this discoloration issue is affecting all things 8X that are blue. I'm a big HTC fan but there really is no excuse for what is an apparent lack of efficient product testing. Color me disappointed.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Sad as it is... this dirt/stain or whatever you want to call it made me pretty jaded towards my current phone.

I have it all bundled up in a case now to hide the ugly lol wouldn't even be able to tell it's blue

obijuan23

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had the screen separation problem, but kind of ignored it. I just noticed the corner wear yesterday. Although I'm generally happy with it, several things about it and WP8 in general are kind of half baked at this point.

IMG_2158.jpg

sirius2156

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
061.JPGMine is the winner, discolored at the corners, near camera, led etc.
Horrible looking embarrassed to carry around!!!
MY last HTC for sure....062.JPG063.JPG

qwertyaa

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, mine also has this "issue", but for me this is not a problem. You must buy a good case. I bought silicone one. The phone is really good.

For the user above me...who said that this is his last HTC. Go and buy plastic galaxy s5.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes