Anyone else ready to Jump ship?

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
So...i was a Band 1 early adopter. Bought it right after the announcement and it hasn't left my wrist (aside from replacements...) since i bought it.

My initial reaction to the Band was incredible. I love the instant heart rate, the GPS for running, the statistics and insights...and it got better over time with the SDK. But then my heart Rate sensor became detached after 3 months...and luckily i had microsoft complete so i got a no hassle replacement. Then that was okay...for about 3 months and my heart rate sensor started going haywire (reporting 3500 calorie burn when i got 2000 steps). And so i took it to a microsoft store and they replaced it again under warranty. Now 4 months later its doing the same thing.

Other Cons:
Degradation issues. This thing was not designed to last longer than a year tops (counting band 2)
Only supporting Current Generation. Why Buy a band 2 when it only has 6-8 months left in its life now?
Lack of innovating features. Every other fitness tracker has caught up in the first year. Battery life, smart features, etc.
iOS support is stagnant -- i knew what i was getting into. But Windows phone support has to be losing traction too...

Its still on my wrist now (with a calorie reading of 1500 at 11 pm...)...waiting for online microsoft support currently.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Jump ship to what? I'm going to wait until Fall when Band 3 should be out and we've seen some hands-on review of Garmin's new offering.

Check your store for updates. A new MS Health just came out last week that addresses some of the social aspects.

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Talked to MS Support today...getting my band replaced...again. This time no in store replacement option though so have to wait 2 weeks for the replacement.

Tried all the resetting, etc to try and get the Calorie Counter right. Nothing worked.

Well, i'm pretty intrigued by Apple Watch 2 at this point...being an iOS user (locked by work). Otherwise, nothing else is that interesting currently. But i'm reluctant to go with Band 3 for when i do upgrade, as the current lifecycle seems not nice for the user.

mfm77

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I just got lucky, but other than occasionally having to re-pair my Band 1 with my iPhone and some spotty sync issues, I've had tremendous luck with it holding up since I bought it at release. While it's clearly showing it's wear, my Band has survived three marathons, three half marathons, a boatload of 5ks, and other fitness activities. The measurements (particularly the GPS) still are pretty good. I'm an Apple user and am keeping my eye on the next Apple Watch (rumored for September), but unless it comes with GPS, I don't see myself switching to that. By then, we should know something about Band 3, and I'll make my decision then. For now, unless my Band 1 craps out, I'm sticking with it.

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I am on my third replacement. Got my Band back in May 2015 and I loved it.
This time I am dealing with corrosion and skin irritation. I was offered a replacement or refund . I choose a refund this time and will most likely buy a Garmin Vivoactiv HR when it comes out next month.
This is a difficult departure for me but one that is necessary . I need a reliable device and not one that needs to be replaced on regular bases.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
[h=1]Anyone else ready to Jump ship?

I'm not. My Band 1 lasted right up until the day I sold it and, so far, the Band 2 is alive and kicking.
[/h]

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not like you marry a wearable, not the $200 or less ones anyway. They are consumer products.

Also, you are allowed to have more than one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zinedioo