Anyone else worried about BB10?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
WP will most likely lose a few fence sitters. Those without brand loyalty. I don't know that loss will move the needle much though.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think BB10 is a little to complex and lacking discoverability. I think that will be an issue for a lot of folks. The BB fans will flock to it...as will those who chose to leave BB because they were stagnant. But there are too many issues with their approach to believe they will be too much of a threat. Time will tell, though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for MWC. If Nokia and Microsoft <gives a good long stare at Steve Ballmer> don't come up with anything good <gives another good long stare at Steve Ballmer>, BB10 is a threat.
I am personally hoping that they'd release a Lumia (N-Gage) 720 which would become a companion to the XBox 360 and its successor (people are calling it the 720, so Nokia/Microsoft could at least jump on the bandwagon.)

BB10 itself? MeeGo Swipe UI + Android/iOS. Lo and behold, you have a new UI! In other words, I've seen it all before.

DTSDude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The thing that worries me about BB10 is that it's based on the same JVM as Android and with only a few tweaks Android apps can be fully converted to BB10. This gives them relatively easy access to a mountain of apps. That combined with people in business who have clung to their old BBs means this platform could easily pick up some traction in specific market segments.

I see this as the beginning of a boxing match. WP8 has had time to strut around the ring and show off for the crowd and now BB10 has climbed through the ropes. I can only hope that Microsoft hasn't fooled itself into thinking this isn't a fight. With iOS slipping, Blackberry and Microsoft have come to market at the right time. People being as they are, there can be only one new trendy device. Which will it be?

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
you missed the big one, Enterprise WiFi is missing from WP8, how can Microsoft expect companies to use WP8 Phones. Most of the students can use WiFi on campus because of this.

ether813

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No....is it a nice OS sure...did they miss the price point and the release date in the US....YES....not really seeing much momentum after they took this long to finally bring it to the market and it is still going to be a good 6 weeks or before anyone in the US can get one....Would not shock me if WP8 gets more devices and pricing and ads and have those devices in stores before the first BB10 gets out the door in the US....hey when is Mobile World Congress again?

DTSDude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
you missed the big one, Enterprise WiFi is missing from WP8, how can Microsoft expect companies to use WP8 Phones. Most of the students can use WiFi on campus because of this.

Which enterprise protocol? I think the problem is a number of protocols have been "retired" by the wifi consortium over the last couple years due to poor security so companies stopped supporting them. BTW, having a playbook which also lacks the same protocols, I can say BB10 will likely have the same issues. The LEAP protocol would be a good example.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
BB10 is a joke and jokes get old fast.
yeah apparently:

bb10-phones4u.jpg

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. It doesn't even go on sale in the US till March. We will have had MWC by then and will get new info on Apollo+ and any killer hardware Nokia has in store.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The thing that worries me about BB10 is that it's based on the same JVM as Android and with only a few tweaks Android apps can be fully converted to BB10. This gives them relatively easy access to a mountain of apps. That combined with people in business who have clung to their old BBs means this platform could easily pick up some traction in specific market segments.

I see this as the beginning of a boxing match. WP8 has had time to strut around the ring and show off for the crowd and now BB10 has climbed through the ropes. I can only hope that Microsoft hasn't fooled itself into thinking this isn't a fight. With iOS slipping, Blackberry and Microsoft have come to market at the right time. People being as they are, there can be only one new trendy device. Which will it be?

I completely agree, even though BB10 isnt all that great, they still have a loyal fanbase that have been using Android/IOS in the meantime but are very willing to jump back on the blackberry wagon
Which is something WP doesnt have, most people (at least that i know) that got a windows phone saw it as taking a pretty big risk - a risk that payed off coz they all seem happy with it, but nonetheless a risk...

but Windows has been in the game for a while and I feel more people have been noticing WP8, im a college kid and im starting to see WP more and more around campus and friends (which is something to say since college seems to be predominant of broke kids with expensive Apple products)

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the BB with the keyboard will sell not their touch phone. There are still people out there(mostly business) that prefer the actual keyboard phones. WP has much more potential and has the advantage of having come earlier than BB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss