Anyone got an os update today?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have updated to amber/gdr2 a long time ago. Today, I got another update. It simply asked if I wanted to update and I chose yes. It was about an hour. It still say "Lumia amber"

OS-8.0.10521.155
FW-3047.0000.1326.2002

Any idea?

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have updated to amber/gdr2 a long time ago. Today, I got another update. It simply asked if I wanted to update and I chose yes. It was about an hour. It still say "Lumia amber"

OS-8.0.10521.155
FW-3047.0000.1326.2002

Any idea?
I got the same update prompt yesterday. After the update completed the phone booted, but most of the apps are no longer working.

Fortunately email is still working, so I am not panicking yet.
I will probably reset my phone this weekend, but I am not so keen on rearranging my tiles (though most are not working).

My phone is a dev phone (original BUILD phone) with euro dev ROM, GDR2 & amber. I installed GDR3 dev preview when it came out.
The version numbers listed in OP matches mine.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the same update prompt yesterday. After the update completed the phone booted, but most of the apps are no longer working.

Fortunately email is still working, so I am not panicking yet.
I will probably reset my phone this weekend, but I am not so keen on rearranging my tiles (though most are not working).

My phone is a dev phone (original BUILD phone) with euro dev ROM, GDR2 & amber. I installed GDR3 dev preview when it came out.
The version numbers listed in OP matches mine.

Download the English US keyboard, reboot, and your apps should work. Resetting is not a solution, you're missing a language pack, that's the issue

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Download the English US keyboard, reboot, and your apps should work. Resetting is not a solution, you're missing a language pack, that's the issue
Thanks, I didn't think of the old installing a keyboard trick. That caused the phone to do some additional update (probably 15-30 mins) The phone was back to normal after the reboot.

I am curious why you think the factory reset wouldn't have worked in this situation.
If the reset didn't work, I would have tried NCS to reload the ROM.

Anyways, all seems to be good now. You get a gold star.

shenyijing

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I got another update. It simply asked if I wanted to update and I chose yes. It was about an hour. It still say "Lumia amber"
nUhUoK

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It would've worked; what he meant was that it would be a waste of time, since you could've only reinstalled the keyboard.
Ok. BTW, I already did have English keyboard on my phone, but I just added another keyboard, then deleted it.
So it may not have been the fact that I didn't have English keyboard, but some OS related update after the download was missing. Installing a new keyboard caused the update to happen.

Anyways, the phone is working now. All is good. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05