Anyone have AirPod Pros working with Windows 11 PC?

tcuprof

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
Does anyone have AirPods Pros working on a Windows 11 PC? If so, I'd appreciate knowing how you did it!

I recently upgraded my PC (new MB, CPU, RAM, M2 drive) and installed Windows 11. The Asus MB has bluetooth and I want to use my AirPod Pros for both audio and microphone. After trying everything suggested by several YouTube videos, it just doesn't work.

Under Settings>Bluetooth & devices, the AirPods show to be paired and to connect. But, under Settings>System>Sound, they are not listed under Output or Input options. Also, under Settings>System>Sound, if I click on Add device, the Airpods don't show up.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

(This is my first post, so I apologize if it is in the wrong place.)

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Please follow the steps.

-Press Windows Key + R
-Type Services.msc and hit enter
-Look for "Bluetooth Support Service"
-Set it to start then Automatic.
then
-Go to Device Manager
-Expand the Bluetooth
-Look for Bluetooth driver that was installed
-Right click and Update
-Look for "Browse my computer for driver
-Let me pick drivers available drivers
-Choose an old driver and use it.

Restart your device, then pair the Bluetooth airpods and check.

If issue persists proceed with these steps.

-Go to Device Manager
-Expand the Bluetooth
-Look for Bluetooth driver that was installed
-Right click and Uninstall

Once uninstalled, restart your computer open "Windows Update settings" and check for updates. Windows automatically update and install your driver. You can also download the driver from the manufacturer website "Asus" in your case and install the driver.

Once downloaded and installed restart your computer and pair you Airpods and check.

I hope your problem will be solved...

tcuprof

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions.

The third idea, uninstalling and re-installing the driver successfully added the AirPods to Settings>System>Sound and allowed me to select them for audio output. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Strangely, it shows the AirPods to be the Output device and the Volume indicator matches the output levels of the song I'm playing, but there just isn't any sound coming from the AirPods. Also, re-adding the AirPods did not add them to the Input devices.

I downloaded the bluetooth driver from Asus and it was the driver already being used.

tcuprof

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
I am pleased to report that I have my AirPods Pro working successfully for both audio and microphone!

Through a LOT of experimenting, I came to the conclusion that perhaps the Asus MB bluetooth receiver might be inadequate. Mainly, I discovered that the AirPods were connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, as if they were losing signal. So, I dug out a USB generic bluetooth 5 adapter and plugged it in. I had to disable the Asus/Intel bluetooth and restart to get it to work. With the USB adapter, the AirPods Pro work exactly as they should - they paired immediately, they connect when you put them on, and switch both the audio output and input.

I did have to make one more change to get the microphone to work correctly. There was a lot of cutting out and I read that the presence of a strong wi-fi signal can cause that, so I disabled the wifi in Device Manager and that solved the problem. The microphone works as it should. The only other minor suggestion I would make is to use noise cancelling when using the microphone because it gives a cleaner sound.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb