Anyone having issues with outlook.com email not syncing properly on phone

true_blue_devil

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I've tried the popular uninstall skype method. Worked for the first email sync. But emails stopped syncing afterwards. The airplane mode method also didn't help.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
HTC8X on Verizon Network, outlook.com account and Office Exchange account connected

It takes me less than 10 seconds to receive a message on my Hotmail (outlook.com) account, and the same for Exchange

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Problem seems to fix itself for me. Just email for testing and it works. Try 20 times and all 20 email push to my phone in matter of secs.i didn't change\do anything

Last edited:

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok problem just came back. Yesterday it was perfect. Today same issue ,I'm starting to think it's MSFT server that is the cause😐

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here still having this problem? My phone froze for the very first time last night. Snce then I am getting this syncing error with my Microsoft/Hotmail account, as well as with Twitter account. I would prefer to not reset my phone as it seems some people would still continue to have the problem afterwards. The servers aren't down are they? Is there something else that could be causing this that I would be able to check/fix? Nothing I have tried has worked, for the record I have never installed Skype.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft account Running normally
Hotmail Running normally
Outlook Running normally

But am getting this:
Connected services
Problem You might not be able to manage your Facebook connection settings right now. Dec 13 2:42 PM
Updates Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Jan 11 8:30 PM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Jan 03 8:26 PM

Hmmmm.

etlahrs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same issue as everyone else is seeing, but my sync issue seems to be tied to WiFi. My sync will be working fine, but it seems if WiFi gets interrupted my sync stops until I manually sync. However, if I just turn off the WiFi, my emails start pouring in right away. This goes for all my email accounts (work from Exchange Active Sync and Gmail). I didn't notice the issue until I updated to Portico. I have an HTC 8X on Verizon.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just tried your recommendation to stop the wifi, and my outlook emails came through straight away.

Are there any updates what the root of this issue is, and how it can be resolved?

I'm having this issue on a lumia 820.

Cheers
Philippe

Davidkulik

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a New Nokia Lumina 920 through AT&T My Email is JUNO. When i first setup my email from the provider selection screen I selected other and just installed my email address and password whn asked. it all seemed to work fine for about a month then sent email started taking longer and longer to send sitting in the OutBox mail folder. I hit resync button and after a longer delay mail finallt went through leaving the outbox. Eventually It got much worse to the point I could not send or recieve any email. I looked all over the Groups Discussions about this problem to which none of he suggstions never worked. I SOLVED MY PROBLEM. HERE IS HOW.((( In the email setup I selected ADVANCED FROM MY NOKA LUMINA 920 ADD EMAISETUP SCREEN AND INSTALLED MY JUNO POP3 & SMTP SETINGS MANUALLY. GREAT IT WORKS NOW. CHECKING AND SENDING EMAIL WITH FILES IS VERY FAST BETTER THAN EVER. I AM VERY HAPPY NOW TO HAVE DEPENDABLE EMAIL WORKING ON MY NOKIA LUMINA 920 WIMDOWS 8 PHONE. NOW THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR MY SITUATION AND HOPEFULLY WILL HELP YOU TOWARDS THE DIRECTION TO FIX YOUR SYNCING PROBLEM?
Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC