Anyone here full Microsoft?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Phones, desktops, laptops, & tablets..

Although we do have an iPod from my iOS dev days (it's only 2.5 years old, but iOS 8 obsoleted it) and a kids edition kindle, both used by my 2 year old.

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been a user of all ecosystems at some point in time.

Started with google, went to iOS, then finally i ended up in windows. I stopped with windows long before i even had a windows phone.

Onedrive, bing, xbox music, office, windows 8, they are all such a well integrated ecosystem. So much better (and better value) than icloud or google's servers ever were.

With windows 10 its just going to get better.

Ibrahimym

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
As a long time (early 1980s) Software Engineer, Microsoft has been the ocean I swim in. I've been developing on MS Platforms since GW Basic, Quick Basic, PDS, MASM, Visual Basic Visual C....right up to now with the Net environment. Been a Microsoft MVP, have been published by Fawcette Techincal, Waite Group, Que and Addison-Wesley all in the Microsoft spere of development...

Yes, we have Windows Phones, Windows Desktops and a Windows Surface Pro...

As said earlier, Microsoft is the Ocean I swim in

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Been buying Microsoft keyboards since the first MS Natural keyboard back in the 90s, owned an MS mouse as well (one of the first scroll wheel mice). I have an Xbox 360, Surface Pro 1, Lumia 920, Windows 8.1 on my desktop, primarily use Onedrive for storage, Onenote for notes, Outlook for contacts. Would use Outlook for mail but I rely heavily on Gmail's ability to create multiple unique email addresses using full stops or "+whatever" to have individual log ins for all of my accounts, so that keeps me from being "full" Microsoft.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
All Microsoft here. I'm not a fan boy, but Microsoft has served me very well, and I'd like to return the favor.

Office 365 subscription, Skype Calling subscription, Outlook/Onedrive/OneNote as my daily programs, Windows Phone, Surface tablets (my main laptop/tablet now), Surface accessories (ethernet to USB cable, arc touch mouse), 4 Windows PCs (all official). Now I just need to buy an Xbox once I move to University.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Me:

Main PC and server on Windows 8.1
Surface 2 on RT 8.1
Lumia 930
Xbox One

Other half:

HP laptop on Windows 10 TP
Samsung Galaxy S5 - but is changing for a Lumia 640XL later this year :wink:

I use iTunes for my music library, and of course YouTube - but only via Metrotube apps (no ads!)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes...full in...

Surface Pro 3 Core i7
Alienware 14" laptop Core i7
Dell Tower (home server with Windows 8.1) Core i7
Dell Venue 8 Pro
Lumia Icon
XBOX One and 360
Windows Media Center
Office 365
XBOX Music
XBOX Video

The only 3rd party software I use is Plex as I do feel Windows Media Center is dying...still nothing will shuffle our picture collection while playing music like Media Center Extender on our 360.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much full Microsoft. Have my desktop running Windows 8.1; a HP Stream 7 tablet; a HTC One M8 for Windows Phone; and will be purchasing the new Surface 3. Use Outlook ,Office products, Bing, and OneDrive exclusively. Use nothing of Apple's and never will. Other than Youtube, which I only access thru Metrotube desktop/phone apps, I'm happily Google free.

In reference to your no Apple comment...I had a MacMini (worked issued) at home...the owner had a Macbook for a while and wanted me to get to know a Mac so I can support his...well, after a few months, he said he hated it and we got him a Dell XPS 13...I honestly gave the Mac a chance...I actually tried video editing with iMove had had a lot of problems...but I have the system a good chance and I found no compelling reason to ever "go Mac"...nothing against it but just no reason...

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how people say MSFT's services and devices aren't integrated. In my opinion even with different enclaves and entities its still amazingly integrated. I have two laptops one running Windows 8, one running Windows 10 tech preview. I have a ASUS T100 running Windows 8.1, a Lumia 1520, and an Xbox ONE. That is what makes Xbox music, Office 365, Outlook, Onedrive, and the other applications across the different mediums so awesome. Not that iCloud or Google docs aren't sufficient, but my job revolves around MSFT applications and being able to seamlessly transition from work to home and still capture everything with no emulation is awesome. With Windows 10 the integration will be on a level that wont be rivaled because no one else has applications with devices across PC's, laptops, tablets, phones, and gaming consoles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty