Anyone installed Windows 10 in lumia 535 ?

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I dnt remember i think about 45 min total time
I suggest you to wait for new build this week install that build.
This build is still very buggy

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Last build also ate my Prepaid credits. >_<

I couldn't tell if its using cell data or not, I know I turned it off on Cellular + SIM...

Duke Stylez

May 11, 2015
Visit site
you can wait for 3 seconds and enter your pin and the OK butten lightens up. if you press ok it will work, just no "spots" shown in the display

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've installed the Windows 10 preview on my 535. Many things aren't working (many live tiles, lock screen app, location, Cortana, a bunch of apps), but the 535 is not my main phone so I'll keep W10 to see how it evolves. The notification bar is not working well: swiping down is a hit-or-miss.. swiping up even worse, you have to put your finger on the colored stripe at the bottom and wait until it changes color, only then you can swipe up. I guess they will fix these things with time.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
how did u recover it to denim again......... Dying with this preview

I used the Lumia Software on my windows PC. then another updgrade Denim 1.

Then I signed up again for Windows Insider and opt to get a preview build. It updates the phone first to Denim Update 2. After that I reset my phone to Factory settings and it lost the Windows Insider app so now the phone stopped at Denim Update 2.

I will try to install Win10 again after the next release. :)

thanoik

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Once I put my Windows 10 not working GPS not fully met my maps and some other apps, like Instagram, viber, and the touch screen has problem

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i guess there are bound for stuff not to work, unfortunately i've yet to try the GPS on Windows 10. However, if i can't even set the phone up to my preference, highly doubt it can survive as a daily driver.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've installed the Windows 10 preview on my 535. Many things aren't working (many live tiles, lock screen app, location, Cortana, a bunch of apps), but the 535 is not my main phone so I'll keep W10 to see how it evolves. The notification bar is not working well: swiping down is a hit-or-miss.. swiping up even worse, you have to put your finger on the colored stripe at the bottom and wait until it changes color, only then you can swipe up. I guess they will fix these things with time.

Yeah I'm having the same issues with the 535 (luckily its my second phone too).

I hard reset the phone on two separate occasions, however during set selecting US region took forever and its a hit and miss.

The notification bar, drag down is hit and miss like you said. You have to rest your finger longer for it to drag accurately.

Cortana is not working at all, even though location is on when I hit allow, it just stays there loading. Some apps don't work properly too, so looks like the preview bugs are consistent

It is a preview after all and I'm excited to see where its going

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on 1+1

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Notification bar issue seems to be resolved now.

Now though my 535 screen sometime when waking up the phone just turn to black when pressing the wake up side button.

It seems to happen thrice+ times a day I have to remove the battery to see the start screen again.

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Location service is not working at all. Is that the same for you guys? Any app that needs to find my location just freezes. Annoying.

Hmzi Malix

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
u have to install window recovery tool for phone on pc.. in ..exe.. form. then attach your phone with pc..it will be automatically detected.finally restore mobile software 8.1 on with help of recovery tool

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Location service is not working at all. Is that the same for you guys? Any app that needs to find my location just freezes. Annoying.

I haven't checked or seldom use Location so I don't know will try later...

and Yay! Also the scaling issue seems to be gone now with the latest build 10149. :)

acseva

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
xtremez, what's your experience with this build? can you uninstall apps, for example? in previous builds, it was basically impossible since the message box (or whatsthatname) did not appear, all you could see a small dot in the middle. Did this get fixed in this build?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm