Anyone use the HDMI Output on their 2520?

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys get 5.1 audio when you connect your hdmi cable or is it just 2 channel? My receiver shows that the input source is 2 channel pcm whenever I connect my hdmi cable.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just general info; Win+P is the keyboard shortcut for the HDMI output settings.
Also, sometimes I must manually switch audio output on my Surface 2 (control panel/sounds) to HDMI
And the cheapie micro HDMI cable I bought had to be cut at an angle on the plastic to fit the Surface 2's beveled edge. Not sure if this is necessary on the 2520.

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Still no surround sound...
Source:
Download Dolby Digital Plus Demos
I bought the 9to5 hdmi cable (also mentioned by nokia phone support) from this thread on amazon (same result as with the other adapter):
Capture2.PNG
Receiver signal input:
pic.jpg
Miracast (http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-2520/284372-miracast-netflix-no-sound.html)
I tried Netgear Push2TV (PTV3000) and Actiontec ScreenBeamPro:
Capture3.PNG
I also went to BestBuy and tried it there. Same result...
I also tried a system reset and still no surround.
What I want is something like this:
WP_20140527_001 - Copy.jpg

My receiver can do surround. I can do it with my AppleTV, BluRay Player, and Laptop via HDMI. My laptop also shows alot more channels and encoded formats on the sound setup window when connected to the receiver as well.
What am I doing wrong? How do the sound options look like on your devices?

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
While I'm waiting for Nokia level 3 support to call me back, can someone do me a favor and post a screenshot of their sound properties while connected via HDMI? Open the desktop, click on the sound symbol, click on the TV icon, open the tab "Supported Formats". Can you confirm that you have multi channel audio output from your 2520?
Thanks!

Catherine Lavallee

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 2520 is very particular about which brand of HDMI cable is used. I bought three different brands before finding one that works. It really does not like the store brand from Best Buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria