[App Amazing Weather] Suggest features to be added :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
When I select "Show current location (GPS)" and pin the double-wide tiles, only some of them have that GPS/location marker. From the available wide tile options, I select the first (rich theme, use this as the front face of the tile) and fifth (metro theme, use this as the back face of the tile) options to create the wide tile on my start screen, and unfortunately neither of them have that marker. If the user could choose which tile he/she would like to have the marker on, that would be perfect. Thanks for the awesome app, btw!

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is running a contest called Next App Star, in which YOU select the best app! We really need your help to support Amazing Weather in the contest, and best of all? voters enter the chance to win a Lumia 920 daily!!

http://nas.newwp.it/

How to vote:

1- Go to the URL
http://nas.newwp.it/
2- Login to facebook
3- Add the next app star app.
4- Click on start voting
4- You have to keep voting to other apps until you see Amazing Weather HD.

Last edited:

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
New to the WP7 version of the app. The weather station closest to my home has a long title. Wish there was a way to rename it to something like "Home". I don't see an animated radar. Would be nice to integrate something like "Rad Now" app.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If I'm listening to a podcast and open the app, the podcast shuts off. Happens every time. Weird. Active radar would be nice. How about historical info (record high/low)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
New User has well, finally decided that .99 was too good to pass up on..Loving it so far..

I agree with some of the posters above a " 5 or 15 " Minute option to update Weather Data, sometimes storms come of nowhere..

Noticed their was SunRise/Sunset how about MoonRise/Set or Phase Moon is currently in (New, Full, Half, Waxing, Waning)etc..

Last edited:

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Wind speed and direction (preferably an arrow but text is ok for direction) on medium and large tiles (small tile if you can fit it) and I will purchase. If you end up adding the live tile wind speed data PM me if possible - if not I will check the app periodically. Nice job and design by the way!

EDIT: I went ahead and purchased it since I like the interface...but if you add the wind direction and speed to live tiles I don't mind donating a little more :)

Last edited:

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If I'm listening to a podcast and open the app, the podcast shuts off. Happens every time. Weird. Active radar would be nice. How about historical info (record high/low)
turn off animations in the app. Its one of the options under settings. That should fix it.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
After today's update (on my L920) the wide tile is showing blue skies as if it were daytime, although it is close to midnight. I opened the app to force a tile update and it still shows blue skies. Snapshot here: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Request dev to fix this please.

Thanks!

Mine shows a night sky with the moon. Are you sure the time shows updated on the tile? Maybe unpin it and re-pin the tile.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows a night sky with the moon. Are you sure the time shows updated on the tile? Maybe unpin it and re-pin the tile.
yes the flip side of the tile does show that it was updated very recently. In fact, I opened and closed the app to force a tile update and it still showed daytime picture in the tile. I noticed this issue around 11pm, but also noticed that it did show night sky with the moon in the tile around 9pm.
Edit: Here is another very recent screenshot, taken from within the "pin tile" section of the app: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
The time is 1:55am and the realistic tile doesn't show night sky, still daytime. So un-pinning and re-pinning doesn't fix it. Somehow the app "seems" to be picking the incorrect picture that goes on the tile. Maybe a combination of location, time and weather conditions?

Last edited:

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
More non metro live tile options. Liked them way better prior to this new update. Destroys my phones "black and white" theme lol.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
yes the flip side of the tile does show that it was updated very recently. In fact, I opened and closed the app to force a tile update and it still showed daytime picture in the tile. I noticed this issue around 11pm, but also noticed that it did show night sky with the moon in the tile around 9pm.
Edit: Here is another very recent screenshot, taken from within the "pin tile" section of the app: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
The time is 1:55am and the realistic tile doesn't show night sky, still daytime. So un-pinning and re-pinning doesn't fix it. Somehow the app "seems" to be picking the incorrect picture that goes on the tile. Maybe a combination of location, time and weather conditions?

I believe that format you chose is the next days High/Low forecast not the current temp. You want the first one in the Wide series to show the current temp and day/night pic.

Edit: Ah wait I see, that was your "rear" tile I believe so you probably do have the one I was talking about on the front. Yeah odd, no idea why it's doing that to you, when mine seems ok in that department.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Ah wait I see, that was your "rear" tile I believe so you probably do have the one I was talking about on the front. Yeah odd, no idea why it's doing that to you, when mine seems ok in that department.

I chose to take a snapshot of that particular realistic wide tile because it has the update time displayed on it. The other realistic wide tile has the same picture but does not display an updated time, which is what I have pinned on my start screen (and the flip side of my wide tile is the "metro" wide tile that has a 5-day forecast so there's no point of taking its screenshot) .

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Dev just replied to me via Twitter and mentioned that they've just submitted the fix to MSFT for testing. That's a super-quick response. Love this app and the dev. A big thank you from me!

Last edited:

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, even with the update, my live tiles and lock screen still do not update hourly - I still have to go in to each tile and update manually and then back out. I guess it really must be an app I have installed that must be interfiering with the app. I wish I knew which one it was. I really do like this weather app and don't want to switch to a different one (mostly because I just love how informative this app is anyway).

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm just suffering from the photo on the back tile being stuck on a cloudy sunny day since the update. Everything else is fine time, date and temperature update every " hour".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb