App list jumplist web icon?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so in your app list, when you hit a letter to bring up the jumplist, what is the main bottom-right icon?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
that's a good question , I tried to figure it out with no luck.
hopefully some one can let us know!!

at first i thought it might be some sorta of WEB SITE PIN , but that dint work,

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The icon is for applications that have non-english names and hence can't be alphabetized. All those will show up under this "globe letter".

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Really! That's interesting. So then, apps that start with a non-English language character? Would love to see and example.

While on the subject. How many letters left to light everything up on your devices. I am only missing: J-K-Q-X. Guess I need to do some shopping in Marketplace.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's apps that START with a non-English letter, those show up under the # sign for me. Those apps that began witn [+] that were on here a few days ago showed up under the number sign (kind of annoys me, it artificially puts them where they don't really belong). Maybe the globe is for a title that uses NO English letters whatsoever?

Any examples?

I'm only missing J, Q, X, and the Globe. I covered K with Kayak and Kids TV (I have little kids) :)

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's apps that START with a non-English letter, those show up under the # sign for me. Those apps that began witn [+] that were on here a few days ago showed up under the number sign (kind of annoys me, it artificially puts them where they don't really belong). Maybe the globe is for a title that uses NO English letters whatsoever?

Any examples?

I'm only missing J, Q, X, and the Globe. I covered K with Kayak and Kids TV (I have little kids) :)

I assume it's all Unicode characters. You can do a Marketplace search for "chinese" and try to install one of the applications with a chinese name. You will then see this application under the globe character in your app list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny