APP price frustration

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey,

is it just me or like MOTS of the app that Wp7 has so far ( non-free apps ) are like 150-200%+++ MORE expensive then the SAME app on ALL other platforms (android,iphone,BB)

im gona use angry bird as a example:

Iphone has *6* chapters+ and is at 00.99$

Wp7 has ONLY *4* chapters+ and is at ?..* taking a *** break** *cought* at , 3,49$ ? WTF!!!

did i miss something? or are we just getting bent over and Rear ended by MS and the dev??

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I call it the "XBOX Tax". We're charged so much more because of the XBOX integration. I personally don't think the 150% markup is worth it, however I doubt MS will come down on the price any time soon.

At least the indie developers can set their own prices, but I think the XBOX titles have to start at 2.99 as a minimum. That's just ridiculous in my opinion.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I don't even buy marketplace apps. Until they become cheaper, I won't buy them.

Apparently, Microsoft has to sell games around at least $2.99 just because of the Xbox integration. I could care less about the Xbox features as I don't even have one anymore.

App prices need to go down. A lot of people won't buy apps for $3 that are $1 or even free on other platforms.

Apparently, Microsoft hasn't learned from their Windows Mobile days.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Specially that the freakign Xbox integration is next to USELESS right now. you cant do **** compare to the xbox live on xbox + no crossplatform and almost ZERO multyplayer.

what? i get an avatar? i can add friends.. send a msg (not listen to voice msg )... buy a flash light.... and BOOM 150% price increase..........

3$ is not so bad , but when you have games at 6,99$$!! ( highes ive seen a xbox game ) i mean COME ON!! the arcade games on the Xbox dont evan cost that much

+ MOST arcade games are multyplayer!! = WORTH IT! ..

stupid MS , seriously this is the number 1 PISS OFF about wp7.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I think it's kind of ridiculous to mandate the $3 price just for achievements (really the only thing that Xbox live brings to the table right now). Maybe it'll be more worth it when we finally get multiplayer.

That said, if you don't like the price then you don't have to pay. There are plenty of good non Xbox games out there that are cheap or free. You just have to look for them since they're usually buried behind the Xbox games in the marketplace.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66