App Problems [Or Anomalies??] on W10M

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Great question, but the answer is YES. Since I was starting with a new phone, I updated, then reset, then started getting all my stuff moved from my BlackBerry Z10 to my 640... obviously, no back up to restore for me...

Still, it makes a great point, and more generally to all mobile devices or maybe even all devices at all, occasionally a complete wipe and start over with the very minimum of moving stuff into it (not restore) is the best way to clear all junk out.

Although it may be inconvenient for some, but starting fresh is always the best way to go if you truly want to experience W10M. Most people on this forum didn't realize this when they upgraded to W10M from WP8.1.

But in your case, coming from a BB10 shouldn't be a problem actually, since those who face problems on W10M are generally those who restored backups from WP8.1, and some how those back up kinda messes up with the new OS. But coming from a different ecosystem altogether? Not sure about that mate :amaze:

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Although it may be inconvenient for some, but starting fresh is always the best way to go if you truly want to experience W10M. Most people on this forum didn't realize this when they upgraded to W10M from WP8.1.

But in your case, coming from a BB10 shouldn't be a problem actually, since those who face problems on W10M are generally those who restored backups from WP8.1, and some how those back up kinda messes up with the new OS. But coming from a different ecosystem altogether? Not sure about that mate :amaze:

The calendar and contacts all pulled via Google - and the pix and music and other stuff I wanted back on the new phone all came off the PC.

This acting up was more, well I don't know what - it was like after a minor update from BBRY when I was running sideloaded OS numbers (kind of like now...) put a new one on and not update, and then everything would go sideways... I don't remember MSFT sending something out last week, especially Friday, but that is when everything went sideways - after that, it's straightened right back out and everything is working nicely now.

I wish it would do a few things differently, but overall, I've been very happy so far.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
The calendar and contacts all pulled via Google - and the pix and music and other stuff I wanted back on the new phone all came off the PC.

This acting up was more, well I don't know what - it was like after a minor update from BBRY when I was running sideloaded OS numbers (kind of like now...) put a new one on and not update, and then everything would go sideways... I don't remember MSFT sending something out last week, especially Friday, but that is when everything went sideways - after that, it's straightened right back out and everything is working nicely now.

I wish it would do a few things differently, but overall, I've been very happy so far.

Well, MSFT did promise that Windows 10 will now be Windows as a Service (WaaS), and that the pc and mobile builds would get more updates to make the experience of the OS even better for their customers/users as time goes by. So, yeah. It will only get better from now on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos