[APP] QR Scanner+

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys,

my name is Dave i?m student from germany and i would like to introduce my app "JSI QR Viewer" :wink:

Ready, Scan - GO! Fast and easy QR code scanning.

This QR code scanner is designed to be as easy to use as possible. During scanning, all related features are positioned in the thumbfriendly area on the bottom, so perfect for onehanded use if needed.
JSI QR Viewer is optimized for Windows Phone, installing apps from QR codes can be done with just 2 taps (1: start JSI QR Viewer 2: tap install button in store).
The ScanResult is not just showing the containing link to the app in the Windows Phone store, but also the name of the app. Have a corrupted Windows Phone store QR code that is missing the needed "http://" ? No problem, JSI QR Viewer still finds the app in store.

The additional information about a link works nearly with all websites. So you can see directly what the scanned link/webpage is about. This makes searching the catolog super easy.

Features:
  • Fast and easy QR code scanning
  • FocusLight for low light
  • Autofocus on appstart
  • Refresh focus with one tap on the screen or halfpressed camerabutton
  • ScanResult showed on the bottom; easy onehanded use
  • AutoOpening Windows Phone apps directly in the store (optional, see settings)
  • Differentiates most important websites and QR code types
  • Additional readout of information for links
  • Neat catolag with filterfunction
  • ScanResult and catolog items show readable content, no cryptical QR code content
  • Additional features for many QR code types
  • OneTap features (optional, see settings)
  • Gesture based lightweight InApp browser, so no need to run IE (optional, see settings)
  • Standardfeatures (Appbar) > save to catalog, copy to clipboard, "view" details, browse link

QR code types + additional features:
  • Links
  • eMail address > add to contact, write eMail
  • eMail message > add to contact, write eMail (subject and text are taken over)
  • Calendar event (vEvent) > add appointment
  • Geo location > show details (address), navigate, show on map (Nokia "Here" apps required)
  • Phonenumber > add to contact, call
  • SMS > add number to contact, write sms (text is taken over)
  • Plain text
  • WiFi > copy SSID or password, open WiFi settings
  • Contact (vCard and meCard) > add contact; name and address are recognized detailed*, phonenumbers are differentiated correctly* (work, home)

* need to be formatted correctly (vCard or meCard standard)

If any QR code type is missing, feel free to contact me via inApp contact form or post in this thread.
Any comment, suggestion and bug report is welcome.

If you like this app please support me by leaving a good rating in the store, thanks!

1.png 2.png 3.png

Last edited:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: [APP] JSI QR Viewer - - Ready, Scan - GO!

Today i played around with my camera a bit and made a super short video.

The next update (should be live in a few days) brings you an optional viewfinder limitation. This new feature is very helpful when scanning multiple qr codes which are close together.
The video shows also the already included autolaunch feature for windows phone store links. Of course without using the browser, so your tabs won?t be overwritten anymore.

Don?t expect to much, this is my first video :grin:

JSI QR Viewer - Quick and Dirty Demo - YouTube

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

OK, wow, certification was super quick this time.

So version 1.1.23.1 is now in the store, ready to be downloaded or updated.

ChangeLog:
  • Preparation for the upcoming major feature updates (YES, we are far away from the end :wink:)
  • Slightly design changes (shadow can be turned off, see settings)
  • Added option for sound on code detection (optional, see settings)
  • Added option for vibration on code detection (optional, see settings)
  • Added viewfinder limitation (see video one post above)
  • Changed startup logic, app sarts now faster
  • Bug fixes

Suggestions and objective criticism is always welcome!

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

StoreLogo.png

Hello,

Version 1.2 is now in the store. The name changed to QR Scanner and there is also a new logo. As a result of this rebranding the app now comes totally free and without ads!

Version 1.2 also brings some new features.

You now can configure more automatic launch options (like it was possible with WPstore links in previous versions)

For example:
Scanning a QR code which contains a calendar event will automatically open the "add new appointment" page of the Windows Phone calendar and all fields will be filled correctly.
There are automatic options for: calendar, contact, eMail, phone number, SMS, WiFi and WPstore

I added a fast toggle button to the app header, so you can quickly deactivate all automatic launch options with one touch if needed.
Also there is (experimental) a lock button to avoid navigating through the app when using touch focus or swiping down to clear the result.

The scanner was able to scan also barcodes from the beginning (you need to hold the phone at the same orintetion as the barcode). So i added a search button, which searches the result with bing search. This is like beta for now, just a basic search!

There is now the abitlity to view the QR code content RAW. Just tap on the RAW button when in detailed view.

The scanner was designd to recognize and read all 2D and barcodes. So you will not see "nothing" like on some other scanners if the scanned code couldnt be recognized.
The reason for this is to avoid a infinite waiting without getting any feedback from the scanner.
Additionally if something couldn?t be recognized right by the logic you can copy the result (shown as "Text") and send me as suggestion, thanks!

And lastly i added some advanced settings for the scanner. You can now adjust the scan speed and keep the camera always on. Note that some configurations and long usage can heat your devise up!

Remember, free apps should be paid with good reviews in the store, Thanks. :kiss:

Best regards and have fun scanning,
Dave

1.png2.jpg3.png4.png

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: [APP] QR Scanner - - Ready, Scan - GO!

Update 1.2.1.0 is online now.

Added recognition for:
  • "TELTO" @ phone number
  • "SMS" @ SMS
  • "BIZCARD" @ contact

Also added a explicit warning @ advanced scanner settings, changed the app exit procedure when the camera is still activating and changed the "About"-page a bit.

Next updates may be bigger :wink:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: [APP] QR Scanner - - Ready, Scan - GO!

Finally QR Scanner v2.0 aka QR Scanner+ ist available for update.

The new UI focuses on scanning while secondary features like the new QR code Reader and the catalog are accessible through the buttons in the app Header.

New Extended Windows Phone Store Links Details. AppName + AppIcon + Rating (country related if possible) directly in the scan result:
wp_ss_20140714_0007.jpg wp_ss_20140714_0008.jpg

Barcode Reader now shows the Barcode-Type in the result-title. Content is searchable through Bing for more information (same way as build in WP scanner does). Don't forget: Barcode and phone MUST be both at the same alignment (vertical or horizontal)!
wp_ss_20140714_0002.jpg

New QR Code Reader (reads QR codes from saved images):
wp_ss_20140713_0008.jpg

Extendend GeoLocation scan result and details.
wp_ss_20140714_0003.jpg

New settings allow adjustmaents to fit your needs even more.
wp_ss_20140713_0015.jpg

Hope you like the upadte. More features already planned ;-)

To new users: Trial version has all features unlocked and is working like the full version, only a popup pauses the actions after scanning.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
New version 2.1.0.0 now available in the store.

This version extends the features of QR Scanner+ even more.

You can now generate back QR codes by using QR Generator. So both apps are linked together now.
Don't worry, QR Generator can be used in trial mode for this ;-)
You find this feauture as a new entry in the application-bar-menu when you scanned a code or select a saved one from catalog.
wp_ss_20141109_0006.jpg

'Rapid Scan' is a standalone scanner mode dedicated for scanning links and barcodes.
By assuming that the most scanned content are QR codes containing links and simple barcodes 'Rapid Scan' is limited to this type of content. Any other content will be transfered to QR Scanner+ reader mode to allow detailled view.
wp_ss_20141109_0005.jpg

If you like continuous autofocus of 'Rapid Scan' you can now turn it on for regular QR Scanner+ in the settings.

QR Scanner+ can now recognize QR codes containig a SEPA banking code (EPC069-12 standard). This is a read only feauture. QR Scanner+ is not a banking app, but you can copy each necessary content with dedicated copy buttons.

To give you the freedom to design your startscreen as you want, i included some options you can choose from. Tranparent to use with wallpapers or solid Color to achieve a Windows 8 style startscreen.
wp_ss_20141109_0004.jpg

Enjoy!

If you like this app, please don't forget to leave a review in the store. Thanks!

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
At first I thought it was just a standard QR scanner, but it has got a lot of features !
Looks great and works amazing, keep up the good work!

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
At first I thought it was just a standard QR scanner, but it has got a lot of features !
Looks great and works amazing, keep up the good work!
Thanks! Its really hard to stay against all that QR apps with thousands of reviews. So I'm glad if somebody finds the way to my app and likes it!

mbartelt

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
the app won't update via the store and got an error c101a7d1. After an day I delete the app and tried an new install via the store. Then I got an error 80004005. It is not possible to install the app again on my Lumia 520. If I try to install via my PC tab purchased apps, the store tell me that I must buy this app! The I use google to find an solution. I found a lot of people with also different apps who have this problems. On all there is one thing the same: The app was on install time free and the got a paid one.

I opend a chase with microsoft, but they want to conntact the developer before they do more. Please help.

Thanks for help.

Kind regards

Manfred

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is a known issue of the Windows Store. Some other apps like Runtastic Pro and Phototag are affected too.
Last time when I changed the app from free to paid the same issue occured to some users.
After another update the issue disappear somehow.

I try to trigger a new update by uploading another version and hopefully the store gets it right this time.

Good luck!

mbartelt

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
the new update didn't solve the problem! Because I deinstalled it and now the store gives the error 80004005. An update via PC on the tab purchased app, thell me that I must purchase the app. What now, to get the app back without paying it?

Manfred

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
QR Scanner+ is app of the day on myAppFree. You can get it now for free!

Note: If you are affected by the store issue, then unistall QR Scanner+ and then reinstall it again. Best practice: Windows version first; wait a few minutes for license sync and then install on your Windows Phone.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
New updates are available.

The evolution continues, QR Scanner+ made his step onto Windows 10. (v3.10)
UniversalApp_DeviceGroup_Store3.jpg

QR Scanner+ for Windows Phone 8.1 is also a completely new app. (v3.0)
en_Vida3Overview1.jpg
en_Vida3Overview2.jpg

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I missed to post the last update news here.. Sorry!

Summary of updates (version 3.10.2 // 3.10.3 // 3.10.4) UWP

New logo: :cool:
LogoQR.png

• native Windows 10 Mobile support
  • Continuum for Phones
  • result feedback (sound, vibrate, visual)
  • Scanner HUD, shows current scanner configuration
  • redesigned crosshair
  • redesigned QR Scanner+ logo
  • new signature color ?Atomic Yellow? (also available: ?Rapid Red? and device accent color)
  • new details view with pivot (DETAILED / RAW)
  • [Desktop] Drag & Drop @ Reader (works with file explorer and browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, ?)
  • a lot other changes, fixes and improvements (check full changelog inside QR Scanner+ for more information)
Vida10Set1.jpg
Vida10Set2.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Version 3.10.6 UWP

Wi-Fi
If you have scanned a QR code with Wi-Fi login data before, then you needed to copy the password (1), leave the scanner app (2), open the Windows device Wi-Fi settings (3), search the SSID of the router you want connect to from a list (4), and then finally connect to it by pasting the password (5). QR Scanner+ had at least a Wi-Fi settings shortcut, but it wasn?t very convenient at all.

So now, the steps are reduced from 5 to 1. Just scan a QR code with Wi-Fi login data and press ?Connect?. Simple, isn?t it?
DetailsWiFi3106.jpg

New "Overview" tab @ details
What are QR code scanning apps actually made for? Well, they translate the information from a non-readable format to a readable one, lets say ?text?. Previous versions of QR Scanner+ showed this content well processed (unprocessed raw content is accessible also) and focused on giving you access to this content as detailed as possible, so the content can be used at any manner. This is pretty cool, if you need to work with that data. Now, with the added ?Overview? tab, the content is presented more familiar.
DetailsOverview3106.jpg
Appointments have a little calendar, web links can be previewed, business cards are more compact and have direct actions if needed. You can see the difference right here in this post by viewing the grouped screenshots and comparing the "DETAILS" showing an appointment (2nd group - pic 3 and 4th group - pic 1).

Auto-Launch for web links and Windows Store links

This feature was planned for a later update, but was added on request. It?s optional and can be toggled at ?Result Specific? settings ?on? or ?off?. If set to ?on?, then links will be opened immediately after scanning in the browser and Windows Store links (if compatible) in the Windows Store.

I hope you like the new features, more is in the works.

Please don?t forget to rate QR Scanner+ in the Windows Store and feel free to send in your feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire