Apple now in Costco, Microsoft nowhere to be seen

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just went to myblocal Costco and beside the gigantic Galaxy display, now there is a huge 8 foot square table with all Apple products for sale. Not a Microsoft or windows OS product anywhere to be seen. The laptops with windows 8 are tucked away in a corner. These 2 displays are right on the main isle and had tons of people around them. Will Microsoft ever learn that they desperately need to market the hell out of their products?

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has nothing to deal with laptops except surface. Dell,toshiba and other OEMS have to show case their laptops. This is reverse in my country. Nobody buy mac because they are costly. One can get a hybrid laptop for the half price or even less.

wshwe

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Costco dropped all Apple products after Apple refused to allow them to sell the iPad. They finally made up. At 1 time my Costco had the Dell Venue 8 Pro for sale. My Costco did have huge Samsung tablet displays, but they seemed to have been replaced by digital camera displays.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the Windows products are tucked away in a corner it must mean that Costco has seen little demand for them and has HUGE demand for Apple products. Remember that the average Costco customer belongs to a 6-figure earning household. They can afford the best.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't belong to Costco. I belong to Sam's Club, and my local store has a lot of HP laptops running Windows 8.1.

It's the same in my local Sams Club. Windows usually has its own table, then phones (which usually has a bunch of Android and the 5S and 5C) and it has a smaller table for tablets. It's got ipads, nexus tablets, and Samsung tablet. I saw a Dell Venue Pro one time, but that's it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel