Apples new iPhone 5 and their "Gates"

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh man *shaking-head-in-disbelief*.

I'll check all my mobile phone pictures I've ever taken (Mostly by Nokias, some by HTCs) and I'm sure I won't find any purple where it wasn't intended.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow, with all these "gates", its a miracle to me that there isn't more lash-back by iPhone 5 owners.. I'd be so pissed. Makes me even more upset when I see so many reviews saying how its the best device out there at the moment.

My friend showed my his iPhone 5 last Sunday night, was pretty proud of it, but then he started to get a random line show up on his screen when texting, it would just come and go.. that's another one to ad to the pile.. "twitchy-random-pop up-lines-gate".

Did they ever reach their 10 million? My iFriend was bragging about how the iPhone5 will sell over 10 million in the first week.. I haven't heard anything on that front for a while now..

The time line went:

1. iPhone 5 launch
2. Pre-sale sold out
3. Line ups at store and 5 million sold
4. Apple states supply shortage due to demand
5. Problem after Problem after Problem..
6. No news at all..

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just read this comment someone had posted on a "wifi issue with the iPhone 5 article", this one was a report on someone who ran through 6gb of data in a week with his wifi on 80% of the time...

Thought I'd share it since it made me chuckle a bit.. :)

"I heard they were recalling all the iPhone 5's and replacing the Apple emblem on the back with a lemon.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hahahahahahahahaha! OMFG, are they serious?!

I guess since it worked once, they might as well use the excuse again. And those pictures are pretty damning evidence.

The sad part? Something else they can probably address with a software update, but they'll probably take 2-3 months to do it.

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave.

Not so sure that it's not a physical issue. We were speculating in another forum about the fact that it's sapphire lense may be to blame. I don't know if you guys own watches with sapphire crystals but, they do refract/reflect light differently and do cause different hues to be seen.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
And still, the iPhone 5 - Camera got best marks by "Stiftung Warentest" (A german institution that tests new products). I once took this institution seriously, but not anymore. I really wonder if its just purple tinted glasses or free iPhones flowing to produce all these riciculousy good reviews. :mad:
What I find hard to comprehend: They point out a few flaws (Easy to scratch, bad reception when being held on the bottom) but still have the nerve to say this is one of the best smarphones they have ever tested.

Come ooooon!!!! :mad:

Here's one of the links for the German speakers here:

Stiftung Warentest lobt Apples iPhone 5 - n-tv.de

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And still, the iPhone 5 - Camera got best marks by "Stiftung Warentest" (A german institution that tests new products). I once took this institution seriously, but not anymore. I really wonder if its just purple tinted glasses or free iPhones flowing to produce all these riciculousy good reviews. :mad:
What I find hard to comprehend: They point out a few flaws (Easy to scratch, bad reception when being held on the bottom) but still have the nerve to say this is one of the best smarphones they have ever tested.

Come ooooon!!!! :mad:

Here's one of the links for the German speakers here:

Stiftung Warentest lobt Apples iPhone 5 - n-tv.de

Die sind ganz verucht.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not so sure that it's not a physical issue. We were speculating in another forum about the fact that it's sapphire lense may be to blame. I don't know if you guys own watches with sapphire crystals but, they do refract/reflect light differently and do cause different hues to be seen.

Yeah, I was reading that on another post as well and wondering the same thing. If it is a hardware defect, it may mean retooling the supply chain at some point.

However, I can't help but wonder if there isn't a programming intelligence change they can make to digitally correct for some of that. I'm neither an optics expert nor an imaging algorithm expert, but I'm sure they're going to address it somehow.

Doesn't make me laugh any less that it's such a big issue now, lol.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree that reviewers that overlooked these things in their glowing reviews leave a bad taste in my mouth

This is too true. I feel the same. All I see are reviews about how great it is, they point out some issues but still say its the best. Seriously? I have to wonder if Apple themselves own the majority of these small tech review companies and are writing their own reviews...

This just makes zero sense.