Apples shameless patent trolling at it again! This time grubbing face unlock!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well well,

The evil empire is at it again. This time, Getting a patent granted for face unlock, which was on my android phone 4 years ago. Nice. next up is the "ALL NEW, Revolutionary feature of selfie unlock from apple.

The reason I never will buy anything apple, you can get all the features 2 years earlier on android or MS devices. Same with the features in OSX.

ALL available elsewhere earlier. If apple had to actually come up with their own ideas they would be dead in the water, oh wait, they were once before when they fired jobs the first time.

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Its funny how Apple's 1984 Super Bowl commercial has basically come full circle. When will someone see the irony, and come out with a rebuttal ad campaign?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Before anyone else becomes "outraged" by this, did you read the story or just the headline?

For one, Apple filed this all the way back in March 2011, over 4 years ago.

If Apple is going to implement this, then they can't be a "patent troll". A patent troll is someone who claims patents and never intends to use them.

I really don't think many of you read the patent, as the headline of the patent is only the tip of it. There are multiple ways for a face unlock to happen, this patent could simply be Apple's method of doing it. It's entirely possible that your 4 year old Android had a different method, hence why Apple can patent this.

Plus, Microsoft has way more arbitrary and inane patents. Hell, they have one on how to quit an application. You can't really call Apple a patent troll without calling Microsoft one too (in which case, you would be wrong about them too).

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Another "Let's hate Apple!" post. Even if this patent doesn't end up in a future iPhone, they're not trying to patent an idea, but the implementation of an idea. Relax.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I hate apple because they cannot come up with a new idea to save their life. The troll the other manu's, steal all things that are cool on their systems, then call it their own and say its all new and revolutionary. Again, If apple HAD to rely on coming up with things themselves, they would have folded years ago. Even the ipad design was robbed from the movie 2001. Really? They cannot do anything original. Thank god the mind control they put in all of their devices keep the Isheep coming back.

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I hate apple because they cannot come up with a new idea to save their life. The troll the other manu's, steal all things that are cool on their systems, then call it their own and say its all new and revolutionary. Again, If apple HAD to rely on coming up with things themselves, they would have folded years ago. Even the ipad design was robbed from the movie 2001. Really? They cannot do anything original. Thank god the mind control they put in all of their devices keep the Isheep coming back.

Everybody does this. Apple is just better at marketing it, and they now have droves of people who will camp in front of stores to buy anything they stamp their logo on.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Apple is the evil empire. Watch the documentary on their production facilities. The rob everything, and tout that they invented it. and the lemmings waiting outside the store, well, mind control is a great thing to put into your OS' subliminally. I owned everything apple when the 4 came out, had 2 iPhone 4s, ipad, mac mini with 27" cinema monitor, time capsule, etc. Sold it all, lost my shirt, and went to android and windows. So much easier, cheaper and better. Now, I have since ditched android for WP and Win 8. The windows ecosystem is so pleasant to use, unlike apple where OSX sucks balls, and IOS is so juvenile that it seems as vtech designed it for their leappad products. Its mind numbingly boring. OSX is mind numbingly frusturating. I don't know how they keep going, wait a minute, I do. Subliminal mind control. buy everything off us and be a cool hipster. You cannot be a cool hipster and part of the in crowd without our ripped off crappy products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo