Application Updates

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Morning All,

Obviously being new to Windows Phone 8 one thing I have come to notice is I have no ideal when I have an app that needs updating. A few times I have clicked on a app and there is an update button but is there a general view of what updates are available. I can't seem to find it. Having come from andriod where you just select installed apps and it will tell you there but I can't find an equivalent option. Am I missing something here? If there even a way to check what apps you have installed on your phone in one window?

Thanks

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The marketplace live tile should show the number of pending updates. The Settings live tile should show the number of pending OS updates.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have the marketplace tile on your start screen you will get a notification number come up when an app update is available

ycy198472

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the same question on it. The update of the live tile is very very very very slow. Most of time, I have to upgrade the app all by hand. It is better for the Microsoft to add "Check the updates" function in the marketplace. Very very annoying.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say the phone checks for updates once a day, and it looks to me like that only haappens on WiFi.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The number of pending updates will also show up in the main screen of the Marketplace app- where you have the menu of Apps, Games, Music, etc, look right at the bottom of the screen and it'll tell you how many app updates and downloads are pending

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It definitely does check more than once a day, and as stated above it does check whether on wifi or cellular. As long as your Store tile is pinned, you'll see updates, some time not long after updates are available. There are times when I see them quicker if I happen to open the app to look for something else, and at the bottom there are updates, or if the wpcentral app has sent me a toast notification that a certain app has been updated, but there is no way of knowing how long the update has been live.

Also, as a developer I can tell you that when a developer gets an app certified, once "published" (whether published automatically or he set it to manual, and he clicks the button himself after getting notice that it is certified), it takes some amount of time, sometimes up to a day (once even two days for one of mine), before even he can see it in the store.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with getting notified at all.

For the passed couple of days I have had to go fetch updates on my own. I only ever find out about updates from this website.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with getting notified at all.

For the passed couple of days I have had to go fetch updates on my own. I only ever find out about updates from this website.

Unpin store tile. Clear IE history/cache etc. Reboot phone. Repin tile to start screen.

This worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h