Apps for connecting to Network Drives (NAS / Computer Shares)

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I want to get a NAS / Local Cloud Backup HDD also. Anyone recommend a NAS that works well with W8/WP8? Or W8/WP8 apps that work well with a particular NAS?

brucedt

May 7, 2015
Visit site
This thread is kinda old, so this may be common knowledge now, but I have been using a music playing app with tunes from my NAS since my phone upgraged to Win 8.1. I'm using mymediahub, a free app. Works OK, the interface isn't great.

Not as good as ES File Manager for Android, but it gets the job done.

Give it a try.

edd1982uk

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
This thread is kinda old, so this may be common knowledge now, but I have been using a music playing app with tunes from my NAS since my phone upgraged to Win 8.1. I'm using mymediahub, a free app. Works OK, the interface isn't great.

Not as good as ES File Manager for Android, but it gets the job done.

Give it a try.

edd1982uk

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the repost but the mobile site can be hard to navigate with all the ads. Anyway just wanted to weigh in with.

Its now 2016 we're on windows 10 and I'm still struggling to find anything or way of really using my NAS drive with my windows phone. Mymediahub is about as good as it gets for us and that has such limited functionality.. If anyone knows any way of using a NAS drive on their WP that will work over a mobile network and facilitates both up and downloading of files it would be muchly appreciated.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is even reasonable but does your nas have the ability to install plex server on it? If it does, then you could use the plex client on your phone.
If you're just wanting to browse files or transfer files you can use Metro File Manager, share folder Explorer, or Yuki Explorer. These are all available on Windows 10 mobile.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard