Apps in store in arabic

Papek_SVK

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Some apps in store appears with arabic description. I checked the settings but region and language is set to Slovakia/Slovak. Keyboards are slovak and english US, so there shouldn't be any reason to show apps in arabic. Most apps have their description in english and slovak, but there are some with arabic.
Device is Lumia 950 with all updates.

Does anyone else have similar problem that apps are showing in other language than is set in phone? (or in english which should be default)

store.jpgstore2.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, right. I described the issue and forgot to put the question :)

Could you please add the question so we can help you? If you have got it resolved though that's great, but an explanation of what you did to resolve the issue would be awesome so people with similar issues can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks
Daniel
Retired Moderator

srednadna

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 950.
Norwegian localization but some apps are not showing with correct language.
Windpows Insider is (probably) arabic.

wp_ss_20151211_0001.jpg

Anyone knows whether this is a known issue.

Lazgeor

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Guys, has anyone resolved this issue? I got my Lumia 640 XL a week ago and I updated it to windows 10 on day one. I noticed this issue but i thought that it was something temporary. But it continues to this day. My native language is Greek, and the phone is in Greek too.

Alexis Mos

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Same on my 950 XL. I have set everything to Greek and I get this hieroglyphic lang for the app description!! Some other apps might appear in Portuguese....

Andrey Skornyakov

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 950XL with Ukrainian language. Solved it by adding the English (US) language as a second language in Settings->Time&Language->Language. Then I've restarted the phone and the apps descriptions in the store are in English now.
It looks like this on my phone now:
wp_ss_20161109_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb