Apps should need user permission to make use of the notifications center

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure who thought it be a good idea that apps can by default use notifications, but it's starting to **** me off.
Case in point, yesterday I read an article with some games, figure i'll try one, while working the sounds and banners go off giving me some news about the game 3d bowling (which wasn't that good), why the hell do I need alerts on 3d bowling, even worse why was the notification on automatically?

This is far from the first time it's happened, I really think during the install it should ask permission.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Not sure who thought it be a good idea that apps can by default use notifications, but it's starting to **** me off.
Case in point, yesterday I read an article with some games, figure i'll try one, while working the sounds and banners go off giving me some news about the game 3d bowling (which wasn't that good), why the hell do I need alerts on 3d bowling, even worse why was the notification on automatically?

This is far from the first time it's happened, I really think during the install it should ask permission.

its gonna ask permission from the next preview build update.Found about it on wikipedia.You can disable them from settings-action centre

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In order to know what apps can push notifications in current Windows Phone, they have to push one first.

Thankfully, you can disable them in notifications+actions in settings.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys,
I know how to disable them, just feel it's stupid that we have to, reminds me a little of android where apps seem to have a mind of their own. I can only imagine how many new smart phone owners don't know how to get things out of the notifications and deal with being annoyed all day.
Glad they are going to fix it in windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre