Apps will not update ... can't delete them.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
When I go to the store an want to update my apps there are 3 that will not update.

I get them onscreen trying to update but it fails every time. I have switched from having updates to to the SD card to having them go to main memory to no avail.

The updates are:

Lumia Help & Tips (US)

Rate Your Device

Lumia Motion Data

This has been going on for months.

Not that they are of great importance ... it's just annoying to have something that will not work.

I have Soft Reset the phone ... no help.

I thought today that if I delete those apps the new version should download.

When I swipe left to the list of apps those 3 apps don't even show up in the list!!!

How can I fix this?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
if a soft reset doesn't help and you've been experiencing this for months then it's time for a hard reset.
Have you tried to cancel/remove the update from the store app? Does it come back after removing them?
In my own experience these get stuck for a up to a few days until the problem resolves itself.

If you don't want to do a hard reset then you will just have to live with these

also, It's not clear whether you are on redstone or .218.
On redstone I had issues with my 640 that had several apps in the store in the download section with no indicators, or ways to remove them. The apps were already installed. Some of them, e.g. Messenger wouldn't even start.

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ive the same issue here as well, Rate your device and motion data is in store and is unable to update lol. I'm not doing a hard reset to resolve these errors ;)

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not going to do a hard reset either unless the entire damn phone quits working. These apps don't seem to be causing any problem so, as far as I'm concerned, they can just stay ****ed up.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this on my 640XL as well...same apps. Hard resetting did nothing for me, so I wouldn't suggest doing that, unless you just feel like it.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I've had the same issue but with different apps. Mine was with Facebook and Twitter. I think what lead to the apps being stuck was I had previous versions of the app stuck on my sd card. When doing a hard reset and restoring my backup Windows popped up saying you have previous versions of apps on your phone do you wish to delete them? So I clicked yes and did the restore. Now my phone is updating apps just fine.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue for a few weeks. Today, while updating other apps, i just clicked on small "cross" which appears beside these apps- looks like they have vanished i don't see them stuck when doing an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers