Are all colors of the Lumia 920 glossy finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Better image of the black:
298693-nokia-lumia-920-back.jpg

(from PC Mag).

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Glossy looks okay right up until the point when people start touching it. The glossy display ones in The Verge and Engadget hands-on reviews looked gross because of all the fingerprints. I'll stick with matte.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I love the contrast between the Lumias large dark display and the bright body.
Thats the reason why i?m gonna pick up a matte grey or a glossy white Lumia 920.
I would prefer matte phones, but as it seems, glossy is the new Lumia style and no one cares about fingerprints :-(

Great looking phone though.

Cheers,
Tom

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about everyone else, but I'm really digging that glossy yellow finish. I think I like it even better than if it were matte yellow. To each his own I suppose.

hc_1540

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Really hope the black/grey version is matte. Call me superficial but it would be a deal breaker for me. From past experience glossy phones just end up looking real bad, real fast. Yes I could get a cover/case but I prefer my equipment unadorned (giggidy)

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I need a proof that the gray one will be mate if it is... I might go with it currently thinking 820 or 920... hard decision.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... i REALLY like the red but... I'd much prefer a matte finish for my phone (not a deal-breaker, just a strong preference). Might end up going with the grey or black based on this instead of the red that I WANT. Dunno... will have to see/feel them in person before I make my decision.

Yeah, if you can wait to actually see the device before buying, certainly see how the colors look in person.
Especially when we are talking about colors like red, yellow, white etc.

bb_gonzo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank God. I really thought all 920 would sport that glossy finish they promoted. I prefere the matte finish as well. Why they chose the glossy one in the first place is a mystery to me. Maybe it feels really good in the hand although i can't imagine it feeling better then the matte ones. Additionally, have you seen some of the devices in hands on videos having fingerprints on them already? They couldn't have been older then a couple of minutes and already sported a wide array of fingerprints wich just makes them look older then they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb