Are Chasable Live Tiles coming to Windows Phone anytime soon?

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I have been hearing about chasable live tiles for some time now, but I have not read anywhere a definite release date. Are they coming to Windows Phone after all?

Will they be as useful as they are hyped to be?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
All I could find mentioned on them was this post.
'Chaseable' Live Tiles coming to Windows 10 and Mobile [Update] | Windows Central

Looks like they are coming to Windows 10 mobile later in the summer, although not confirmed.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
When I see my news applicatoins' live tiles with a specific story I always hope that story is around the top of the list but it usually isn't due to my connection settings but if this works the way I perceive it to work, it'll be great to take me directly to what the live tile has on it (or the option to by holding down maybe?)

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think they would be not only useful, but an essential part of the very concept of Live Tiles.
Basically it's how they should have worked since day one, since windows phone 7 even.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still think you should be able to clear out the notifications. It would have been great for the 3D touch.

Hold finger over live tile,
Notification on tile expands and screen below darkens,
You can swipe through the notifications so old ones disappear without opening the app.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
They are part of the O/S right now so it's down to the developer to implement. It's not a firmware enabler. They are a feature of the MSPU app, for example now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte