Are You Trying Out The Preview of Windows 10

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Forget a VM, I want to see the full performance of Windows 10 so far..... Tripple booting with Windows 7 (primary OS I use), WIndows 8.1 and now Windows 10...

The Windows 10 bootloader is nice, no problems shows all 3 OS's when I start my PC, select and go.

Over all, it's nice, really have not installed anything accept office 2013 and added it to my domain (access files and my group policy testing). Still using WIndows 7 primary due to programs I need but, from what I see, no question, when released I think I will be retiring WIndows 7....

Truly the BEST of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in Windows 10....Exactly what Windows 8 should of been to start...

Hope they bring back Windows Media Center...and even better update it, then more computers in my home will be upgraded.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
This is ROCKIN on my Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet.

+ I LOVE it. New format and start menu are great. If you like the Modern better, you can simply choose Start Screen instead of Start Menu.

- Have had only 1 freeze - rebooted with power button no problem.
- Had to reinstall BT driver. No big deal and I can now work with my BT Mouse and BT Keyboard!

Overall, I think it was worth it; heard from some that they hate it on the Tablet since graphics appear smaller. Doesn't matter to me because at 50 my nearsight is in the toilet and I have to wear reading glasses anyway.

angel831

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Trying it out in a vm here. A bit buggy, some windows (Explorer) don't respond to mouse clicks nor touches - then again, it could be an issue just running it in a vm. So far though, I like it, the new Start menu and all. Don't feel safe enough to try it out on the laptop directly installed, even dual boot, but might try it on the desktop.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Trying it out in a vm here. A bit buggy, some windows (Explorer) don't respond to mouse clicks nor touches - then again, it could be an issue just running it in a vm. So far though, I like it, the new Start menu and all. Don't feel safe enough to try it out on the laptop directly installed, even dual boot, but might try it on the desktop.

No, I've had that happen too. Not completely but sometimes the buttons won't respond for several seconds. Annoying.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
yes..got it the day it came out. Installed thru a 64 g flash drive and boot from it. Have been a couple glitches but overall it seems to be working well. Really like the new look. I hear there is a new build going to be released very soon

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I was using it when I was using a laptop. Now that I'm switching to something else, the Surface Pro 3 will be here Friday apparently, I'm going to stick with 8.1 for a while. I plan on using it as a tablet, after all, and that isn't what this preview is about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)