Ask the Windows Central team your New Xbox One Experience questions!

MillerWDJr

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
How did you get Miracast support enabled? I'm not on the preview program. As I understood it, you need to download an app and launch it, but that app is not present on my system, nor in the store.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 116116

Notice the OneGuide sub-menu. How do I replace it for something else? It doesn't allow me to do so.

Any news on Miracast support for the XBox?

The OneGuide thing is a "recent apps" list, I said in my review it'd be cool if you could change what's there manually, but you can't.

To access Miracast you need to be in the preview program I think, I'll message Xbox and ask when its going to be available generally.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The one major issue i'm hoping for a change in is if you press "B" too many times on the dashboard it will re-open the last game/ app you were using. This is extremely frustrating to me! How is it after the update? I hope doing this just takes you to a central "home" area of the menu or something. Also, snapping the "party" app results in having a game start to load for some reason. Any change here? Thanks!

The reason it does this is because it mimics the "back button" functionality found on other Windows 8/10 devices, developers need that functionality in order for Universal apps to function intuitively I believe. You can "close" an app by pressing the menu button on it when its the main tile, then selecting quit. It'd be cool if they'd add a recent apps list like on Windows Phone.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep the monthly achievements friends chart is gone. So are Kinect gesture controls in apps and dashboard. Don't you love it when they remove features in a forced update.

I hope the EU fines Microsoft for millions over this false advertising. How many ads did they run worldwide that demonstrated how you could use gestures to control an Xbox One? Microsoft deserves to be penalized heavily for anti-consumer practices like this. I doubt they'll be offering me a refund for my Xbox One's now that they took away the functionality that I bought it for.

You realise that the leaderboards weren't in the Xbox One on launch, right? they were added in an update, and will probably return.

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Xbox forced me yesterday to make the update and i did it.
Everything works good.

My review
- It is fast and responsive
- Oneguide finaly works faster, so it is the first time it is usable - I even used it a lot yesterday
- LiveTV works just like before
- Youtube app works without restarting the console
- games i play works flaweless
- The Store works normally
- Screenshots and videos works ok
- snapping feature is still a crap
- miracast works ok - tested it - it is faster, more responsive
- casting xbox to surface works also OK

If I would have questions: when Cortana/Xbox speach recognition comes to more countries (Poland f.e) ?

How miracast works for you? Can you please explain how you did it?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If some wants to buy a XB1 compatible 360 game which they didn't previously own, can they do it digitally and show up as "Ready to Download" or does the physical disk need to be purchased and inserted?

*edit*

Never mind. From an article here:

As of writing, there's sadly no way to purchase backwards compatible Xbox 360 games via the Xbox One itself. They won't appear in Xbox One search results, and there's no section dedicated to it on the store. If you want to pick up any of the games on the list you don't already own digitally, your best bet is to head to the Xbox Store and do a quick search. Alternatively, you can always purchase the discs from retailers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amon manengureni