Asking someone to convince me to stay

horbeme

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
i got 5 MS phones on my AT&T, two 950, one 640XL and two 640, the phone that my wife and I have are the 950's got them in Dec. 2015. the phones worked great for the first couple of months and then my wife started complaining, the battery drains too fast but wasn't such a big issue at least not me. a few weeks later she still complain about the battery draining but now the phone shuts off at 50% battery, i did a few soft resets hoping it would help. another issue was when she put in a headphone the phone acts up again, really the headphone jack most low tech in the phone. after a while the phone would start getting a snow screen and or at the same time make a buzzing sound. luckily it was still under warranty had AT&T send me two phones and end up returning the replacement phones because it was the battery. i had to contact MS to replace the battery and after that the phone worked fine. shortly after my phone would just drain fast, and now once in a blue it shuts off but its minor to me. 4 months now since her battery was replaced and the symptoms start again on my wife's phone and it more frequent. so what i did was switch the batteries, she took mine and i took hers because ill tolerate it more until i can get it resolved but at this time phones have been purchased over a year now out of warranty. just yesterday my phone would not turn on for about an hour, soft resetting, taking out the battery and putting it back in multiple times then finally it works. took a chance and reached out the MS but they cant help me because the phone is out of warranty, i havnt gone to AT&T yet because i believe ill get the same response but before i do that, i will do a hard reset. i have done it with my wifes phone and it didnt help but it wont hurt to try with my phone, replacing the battery can cost between $40-50 depending on where you look but will it solve the problem? like i stated earlier the battery i have now was the replacement battery from MS. it is really the batteries, phone or both, part of me believes the fast charge my have some part in it but thats just me. i cant hold a conversation without the phone cutting off and it did it 3 times when speaking with my mother yesterday, and my wifes phones cuts off more frequently as well. i am considering switching, for me it would be more of a sabbatical until something else comes out from MS and to be honest i dont believe MS will actually bring out the surface phone, for me seeing is believing. first it was 2017 and last i heard was 2018, that app gap doesn't affect me but sometimes it is nice to have them and with all the features the other platforms have. can someone convince me to stay? if i decide to it would be android, i liked the article where the author spoke about switching to iphone. i am wondering if one was already done for Android or if one will be done or would it be similar. i like the iphone but not their closed system, i will go with Android but my problem is every time the update their OS things keep getting changed around, but then again if i was a regular Android user probably wouldn't bother me as much. so i ask the question again can someone convince me to stay?

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry to say I couldn't bother reading the whole thing, but I noticed your first complaint was hardware, so if it is under warranty, take it for repair. Battery will probably have to be replaced. (I can't believe that half of my forum posts involve me saying that last sentence!)

In the end, no matter how much anyone tires to convince you to go either way, I think you already know where you want to go. Having some sort of access to five devices that run the same OS suggests you are confident enough there. If you want to add a sixth that's not, then, as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. But before you do, pretend for a few minutes that you did...

The first thing I would do once I get home from buying my shiny new Android/iPhone is to use the old phone, hit Youtube and search for an intro, or Google what essential apps anyone would recommend. (That's what I did when I got my first Lumia and ended up here!) Why don't you do that now?

Where you underwhelmed? If so, then your comfort zone is here, and unless W10M does a BB10, you can hold on for a bit longer. Otherwise, by all means. Personally, I see merit to all ecosystems, so if and when W10M goes out, I am ready to face the music, even if I have to face it on iTunes. The only thing that keeps me here is an emotional attachment; I feel much better using this OS.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I read it all. Most of the OP's concerns are hardware related. Were they fixed with a device reset or not? HM84 is right though, you already made this topic asking for people to convince you to stay. That means, in your own mind, you've decided to leave and you want justifications for it from other users.

I honestly can't blame you for leaving, and no, WC have not yet done an article on running Microsoft apps on Android. Good luck with your Android, for me, I'm staying right here, after all, I've been with Windows Phone since WP 8.1 and it has the apps I need and does what I want - why do I need to change, just because of lack of apps or lowering market share?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well for sure your issue sounds like a hardware issue, surprised you simply dealt with it for one year thinking it couldn't be better? What version of the OS do you have on your phone now? My wife's 950 has been solid, but she got hers, summer/fall 2016

I don't think anyone here will be trying to convince you to stay other than that, if you're still here, then you know whats up. :) You're either ok with it and how it works or you rather have the different options the other OS's provide.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well for sure your issue sounds like a hardware issue, surprised you simply dealt with it for one year thinking it couldn't be better? What version of the OS do you have on your phone now? My wife's 950 has been solid, but she got hers, summer/fall 2016

I don't think anyone here will be trying to convince you to stay other than that, if you're still here, then you know whats up. :) You're either ok with it and how it works or you rather have the different options the other OS's provide.

It could be construed that this whole thread from the OP means that they actually do want to stay with Windows phone Perhaps the OP can try a newer device, like the 950 series or the Alcatel? They will most likely get better results..[SUB][/SUB]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa