AT&T has WP7 LTE exclusivity deal?

Honkie McGee

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was listening to this week's Windows Phone Dev Podcast, episode 50, and Paul Thurrott was their guest. During the podcast, Paul said that AT&T had some sort of exclusivity deal on LTE Windows Phones, and this is why nothing is going to come out on Verizion in the near future. He also mentioned that T-Mobile has an exclusivity deal for the Lumia 710, preventing Verizon from getting that phone until April.

If this is the case, I find it infuriating. I'd love to get a 2nd Gen. device for my GF who has an upgrade coming up next month, but there's no indication when one will become available (sorry, but the 710 just won't cut it).

Is there any chance WPCentral could look into this and, if it's true, report on how long the deal is for? I hope I don't have to wait for Apollo.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember hearing something about the tmo exclusivity on the 710 and maybe thurrott meant for the 900 was what is "exclusive" otherwise wp is pretty much shooting itself in the foot since verizon said they will only support lte wp so why take one of your biggest subscriber base out of the question for months or longer?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I remember hearing something about the tmo exclusivity on the 710 and maybe thurrott meant for the 900 was what is "exclusive" otherwise wp is pretty much shooting itself in the foot since verizon said they will only support lte wp so why take one of your biggest subscriber base out of the question for months or longer?
I sure hope you're right. Makes more sense for the 900 to be exclusive and not WP LTE devices as a whole. Why wouldn't Nokia provide an LTE phone as soon as possible to Verizon's enormous subscriber base?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope you're right. Makes more sense for the 900 to be exclusive and not WP LTE devices as a whole. Why wouldn't Nokia provide an LTE phone as soon as possible to Verizon's enormous subscriber base?

Exactly what I was thinking. You would think Nokia would want at least 1 wp7 lte device on Verizon.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
all i heard is that the nokia900 was gona be exclusive on AT&T .. thats it..

its impossible for some one to have exclusive on ALL LTE phones.... it be dumb. and frankly doesn't make much sens considering most carriers are going with LTE now.

all the new WP coming out will be LTE . so give it time ( 3-4monthts ) every carrier has a LTE WP.

we are still waiting on Samsung , Dell , LG and probably others to make new phones... be patient its coming ( might not be Nokia doh )

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99