Ativ available in USA yet?

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm dumping 920 as soon as I can get my hands on Ativ S or surface or maybe even Lenovo. I'll give up the exclusives for a phone that will make it more than 10 hrs on a charge.

So far I am unimpressed with the battery life. Yesterday my phone lasted 5 hours under light usage (off the charger at 10am it was shut off dead by 3pm). Today was better, 8 hours before it hit battery saver mode. But 8 hours of light usage just sucks.

Well within my exchange period so I may exchange it.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just tested it and I am losing 3% in 5 minutes. I went from 15% to 12%. But that could because it was low on battery.

Going to recharge it tonight and do a hard reset and see how it goes again.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Just tested it and I am losing 3% in 5 minutes. I went from 15% to 12%. But that could because it was low on battery.

Going to recharge it tonight and do a hard reset and see how it goes again.

Perform soft reset on phone. Sounds like you have a program hanging up. I think there are some OS issues causing some of the battery issues and also some apps that are more prone to cause problem. If its that bad, its either a program or signal strength issue. Or possible bad phone. Never know with todays substandard QC with all manufactures.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Perform soft reset on phone. Sounds like you have a program hanging up. I think there are some OS issues causing some of the battery issues and also some apps that are more prone to cause problem. If its that bad, its either a program or signal strength issue. Or possible bad phone. Never know with todays substandard QC with all manufactures.

I have terrible 4G signal at my house. 1 bar max. I had hoped to switch it back to 3g which is stronger but not much (2-3 bars). Funny thing is there is a tower about 500yds from my house.

Battery life is getting better every day, but I am still losing about 30% an hour while playing games like wordament. I think that is a bit high but am not sure.

Will give it a few more days of charging and then will start messing with things. It's getting better every day.

aimnano

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I was worried about the battery life too, but today it's proved to hold VERY well. I got up from a nap around 4 and now it's 10:39 PM...so ~6 hours...few youtube videos, some web browsing, updated/installed 12 apps, 3-4 phone calls, 20'ish texts, took a couple of 30 second videos of my daughter, a couple of pictures....and I'm still at 80% battery. (says 2 days 17 hours remaining but i'm sure that's inaccurate)

update: 1:40 AM ~ 72% battery remaining with additional texting and moderate web browsing. (says 1 days 23 hours remaining, but once when i looked at it earlier it only said 17 hours...not sure the reason for the inaccuracy, but i think it will become more accurate with time)

That's VERY good...even compared to my old Samsung Focus - which I thought had one of the best battery lives of any phone I've ever used. Props on the 920's battery life.

P.S. I read an HTC 8x vs Lumia 920 review walking into the AT&T store yesterday that said the 920 won on battery life...which was my final deciding factor on going with it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963