Att Unlocked 920 on Tmobile HELP!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
As a T-Mobile customer of 10 years, you can take your bs line and put it back where it belongs. I know better - first hand.

I've used AT&T and T-Mobile over the last 10 years in Chicago. Mostly AT&T, about 70% of the time. There's no doubt AT&T has much better coverage nationwide. It really depends on where you are with T-Mobile. It's fine in Chicago. If I drive over to Indiana I'll get 1 or 2 bars and if I walk into a store, I'll get no signal.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used AT&T and T-Mobile over the last 10 years in Chicago. Mostly AT&T, about 70% of the time. There's no doubt AT&T has much better coverage nationwide. It really depends on where you are with T-Mobile. It's fine in Chicago. If I drive over to Indiana I'll get 1 or 2 bars and if I walk into a store, I'll get no signal.

And I travel alot, T-Mobile is sub par more places than not, and the experience is even worse if you try to use an ATT phone on T-Mobiles network.

And its always nice to take your family to Disneyland with T-Mobile phones only to find no one can communicate with each other. Unfortunately that kind of experience has been all too common for us when traveling with T-Mobile.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
And I travel alot, T-Mobile is sub par more places than not, and the experience is even worse if you try to use an ATT phone on T-Mobiles network.

And its always nice to take your family to Disneyland with T-Mobile phones only to find no one can communicate with each other. Unfortunately that kind of experience has been all too common for us when traveling with T-Mobile.

I've traveled with both AT&T and T-Mobile. We have friends in Maryland and New Mexico and you can really see the difference between the carriers when you drive. Disneyland doesn't sound too good. :grin:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Your statement described tmobile as being garbage everywhere. Not true, carrier coverage varies everywhere. A person needs to determine who has the best coverage in the areas he\she needs it to be. Everybody is good and bad, it just depends where. Just for the sake of conversation why does everyone want a phone to be unlocked? They want to bring it to Tmobile not the other way around.

GiggleGoddess

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I know here in Idaho ATT gets better coverage, along with Verizon (better coverage in buildings according to my coworkers). When I was visiting my boyfriend in Sandpoint I could get voice and text with Tmobile but when I wanted to use data it would say on my phone that the network was ATT not Tmobile so I couldn't get a data connection. I convinced my bf to try Aio (he previously had a tracfone) since it goes off ATT, and he LOVES it! Coverage is great and he can stream Pandora in the car and at work over cell network. If it was Tmobile he couldn't do that. And going with straight ATT would be too expensive...same with Verizon($75$ and up!). But for 5gb data @$60/month is amazing! And with autopay that'd be $55!!

Sent from my Lumia 620 WP using Tapatalk

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The service all depends on where you Live. Here in LA I have had AT&T and currently on T-Mobile. I get great speeds on 4G LTE on T-Mobile using the refarmed 1900MHz band. Almsot everywhere LTE stays lit. Very few places it reverts to 4G, except the Walmart in Rosemead. That's just a deadzone for all wireless period. Just make sure that whoever you decide to go with, that it works for you in your primary area of residence and surroundings. If you do alot of traveling, take that into consideration. Reason I say that is because T-Mobile sucks big time south of Bakersfield where my parents live. Could not get away from 2G at all. As I mentioned before, AIO's data, being AT&T's data, is capped at 8MB's a second. If you don't mind it go for it. If you need higher then check out T-Mobile if you are in a big market.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And I can now confirm my experience taking a locked ATT 1020 and popping in an aio sim worked flawlessly. No unlock needed,and internet connection sharing even works perfectly. 2 days into the experiment and I am already thinking this ends with T-Mobile losing all my lines. I am now conducting speed test experiments around town with handsets on both networks to see how they perform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro