"attention to detail" and "user friendliness" is extremely overrated in iOS

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm temporarily using an iPhone 5 (coming from Lumia 830). It's a painful move really. I was expecting it to be smooth but it wasn't. To my surprise WP hit most of the basics right. WP has the best keyboard. I never thought that's an absolute until I tried an iPhone. What's bad with iOS keyboard are prediction is inaccurate (I had to turn it off). I always use it with WP. You have to manually add your dictionary words on a separate screen, in WP you can add it on the fly. The "period button" you have to tap double space!!! I miss keys a lot (well granted ip5 is a smaller phone). Auto, first letter capital is sometimes a miss. In WP it can perfectly predict when you need to use alpha keys when coming from special characters. iOS is a hit or miss (mostly the latter). Even the @ and .com is sometimes missing on their own email textbox (when focused). Too bad word flow keyboard is US only.

There's a lot that I can say but I would sum this by saying "attention to detail" and "user friendliness" is extremely overrated in iOS. Really. In WP, there's a lot of gesture that is just 1 step but with iOS it takes two or more.

What really annoys me is lack of quick toggle buttons for mobile data and their version of battery saver.

It's the number of available apps that keeps me with iphone 5. And speaking of apps, reviewers always points android has a lot of bloat wares. iOS does have it too. It has so many default apps that I deleted that I either don't need or don't use. Or totally disabled.

Outlook and skype are better now in Windows 10 Mobile than before.

Lastly, default apps in Windows 10 Mobile are way more beautiful (UI) than in iOS. The contacts in iOS is so ugly that I just set aside it on 2nd page of my home screen.

But I am staying with iphone 5 for as long as I can get until I get the money to upgrade to Sonxy XZ or the new surface phone early next year.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
But I am staying with iphone 5 for as long as I can get until I get the money to upgrade to Sonxy XZ or the new surface phone early next year.

Don't expect a surface phone (whatever that is, although it is very unlikely to actually be a phone) early next year. It's more likely to be 2018.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12