Autofocus not working properly in any camera app on Nokia Lumia 1020

Shah MJ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello folks,

My Nokia 1020 is 2years old now. Over the past month I have had problems with autofocus on all camera apps. I usually can not get a sharp focus for objects farther than a meter. For things closer than a meter it works good. Also, on the two oldest apps for the 1020, the "Lumia Camera" and the "Windows Camera" the manual focus will almost never achieve a focus on infinity. It is terribly frustrating to get blurred images every time you point the camera at something a meter away.
Additional info for possible troubleshooting is, I am running Windows 10 v. 1511, OS Build 10.0.10586.545, and all other systems are fine on my machine. Its just the AF is lost and the manual focus has never been any good. I'll be heavily obliged if someone comes up with a fix for my device.

Shah, MJ

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks,

My Nokia 1020 is 2years old now. Over the past month I have had problems with autofocus on all camera apps. I usually can not get a sharp focus for objects farther than a meter. For things closer than a meter it works good. Also, on the two oldest apps for the 1020, the "Lumia Camera" and the "Windows Camera" the manual focus will almost never achieve a focus on infinity. It is terribly frustrating to get blurred images every time you point the camera at something a meter away.
Additional info for possible troubleshooting is, I am running Windows 10 v. 1511, OS Build 10.0.10586.545, and all other systems are fine on my machine. Its just the AF is lost and the manual focus has never been any good. I'll be heavily obliged if someone comes up with a fix for my device.

Shah, MJ

Starting with the simplest solution

Did you check if the camera lens is dirty or scratched or not okay in any way? That could be affecting the focusing

Did the issue start after you updated to windows 10 or to that particular OS version .545?

Has your phone fallen in the recent past?

Is the front camera affected? I'm thinking if both front and back are affected, then it's a software/firmware issue

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Also try giving it a shake. Sounds silly but my 1020 focus did this a few times and it was because of the OIS mechanism sticking (ballbearings in the 1020).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss