Can I get some help with my Nokia Lumia 1020 autofocus problem?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
yes by the quality I meant Details,Sharpness and loss less zoom .I asked this question because in 1520 Ill be getting bigger screen , better processor in same price. But its just a thought I probably won't go for L1520,because for good smartphone I have Samsung note 2 ,L1020 is pure camera use,

If you meant those three, then the L1020 wins without question. But as mentioned by mikepalma (something I forgot to mention), the higher resolution of the L1020 comes with a price - a slower camera... in a sense that it takes a lot longer for it to start up (around three seconds for Lumia Camera, 2.7 seconds or less for other Camera apps). This means that for those "quick shots", I use Microsoft Camera, which starts a lot faster (under one second)... so it's a matter of compromising detail for speed.

If you're mostly taking still shots, composed shots... those that don't require immediate on-the-spot action, the L1020 should be suitable for you with the Lumia Camera app. Besides, there are other camera apps (such as Camera360 Sight) that have a faster start up time and is capable of taking full-resolution stills. For some reason, the Lumia Camera is among the slowest of all camera apps in the L1020, perhaps because it is the most "fully-featured" camera app in terms of modularity and settings control.

If I remember correctly, Camera360 Sight launched in 1.4 seconds, which is not bad for a full-resolution camera app. No videos in that app, though.

However, the L1020 still doesn't support Lumia Camera 5 and some of the newer camera features due to hardware limitations. I've more than once needed to set the color balance manually to "daylight" to preserve the fidelity of the colors of my subjects, but I think the issue on color balance has been slightly resolved in the latest Denim update. On this note, the L1520 wins.

For the camera, my vote still goes to the L1020. The lack in speed can be compensated for by looking for the correct camera app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manu0620