Automatically turn on Focus Assist based on location

rbcameron

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to be able to turn on Focus Assist automatically when I get to my university campus. It's pretty easy to do something similar on my Android phone, but the Focus Assist triggers on my tablet (MS Surface Go) do not include anything related to location or, say, presence of a certain Wi-Fi network.

I've looked around a bit for a third-party app that would be able to do this, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

rbcameron

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I'm already aware of the settings that Windows offers. It does not include the ability to turn on Focus Assist based on location. Hence my question.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'm already aware of the settings that Windows offers. It does not include the ability to turn on Focus Assist based on location. Hence my question.

Hi rbcameron,

Yeah... sometimes people don't read a question <sigh>

Unfortunately, MS didn't include a setting to toggle the Focus Assist service on/off based on location. A setting based on GPS, wifi network/location (similar to what Android has incorporated) would be great. Unfortunately, things like this that you would think should be basic by now - just aren't there.

rbcameron

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Have you ever encountered a Windows app that is able to perform actions - like changing the state of some setting - based on a geofencing trigger or something similar?

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever encountered a Windows app that is able to perform actions - like changing the state of some setting - based on a geofencing trigger or something similar?

There is Geofencing settings in windows (just type that in the start menu) - but it looks like it is only for setting up location tags (where did I park my car?). In all honesty, I haven't played with them at all in Windows because I've never needed them - so I've never dug into what exactly you can do. But, there are also apps on the Windows Store for different Geofencing uses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills