Awesomely Red DV8 Pro for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Item Description: You are looking at the jewel of the DV8P world. Yes, you have before your very eyes the fabled red Dell Venue 8 Pro.

So, let's just look through the pictures, relax a bit, and take in the beauty of this tablet for a moment. Yes..yes....great isn't it? Ok...now snap out of it.

This beautiful, red DV8P is in fine, fine condition. There are no marks on the screen or back of the device. There is, however, one little scratch on the edge of the aluminum casing at the top right of the device when held in landscape mode. It's tiny, but it's there. I'm not even sure how it got there.

Price: $75.00

Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: N/A

Condition: Very good condition.

Includes: Tablet and charger. Sadly, the box has long since abandoned me. You also get a cool little gel style case and a nylon sleeve. You also get a leather case/stand that fits very snuggly. And who doesn't love snuggly fitting leather cases, right??? :) One more thing...you get the Active Stylus as well. Yes, this active stylus is the one that actually works. Hooray!

Item Location: Rogers, AR

Shipping Details: Free USPS Priority Mail

Payment Options: PayPal Gift

Additional Info: Remember...it's red and awesome. Red is bold. Be bold! You are awesome. Be awesome, and buy this tablet!

Photos: See attached. I tried to get the little scratch on the aluminum to show up in one of the pictures.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's the 32 Gb model. Thanks for looking. :)
But, might I add that these 32 Gbs are better because they are in the red DV8P. :D

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You're a teacher. Have you tried teaching from your tablet yet? If so, do you find it too small?
Actually, I have tried teaching using the DV8P in the past. I bought a desk-mounted tablet stand for it, downloaded an app that allowed me to control my Smartboard using it, and found myself just really not liking it in that capacity. Ha ha It was too small for me to use like I had envisioned. Eventually, I set it up so I could mirror my screen onto the Smartboard using Microsoft's display adapter, but I never could get it to function like I wanted. My school is knee deep in Apple and Android, so trying to lead a class through a lesson on cells using the Nearpod app for Windows while the students were following along using the app on their iPads just didn't jive most of the time.
Now, one thing that I did enjoy about using a tablet in class, especially the DV8P because of its size, was that I could keep it in my labcoat, and grab it whenever and wherever one of my kiddos asked me a science question that I needed to research on the fly before I gave an answer. :) If only my school were using more windows devices....:(

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you need two. :D

LOL. No. It's a great tablet tho. If anyone is looking for a solid 8" W10 device, I would look no further than the Dell VP8. I enjoyed using a lot, I only stopped using it because I bought a Dell Inspiron 2N1, it was bigger and had a keyboard. I also have too many devices. I even forgot I owed this one!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I have tried teaching using the DV8P in the past. I bought a desk-mounted tablet stand for it, downloaded an app that allowed me to control my Smartboard using it, and found myself just really not liking it in that capacity. Ha ha It was too small for me to use like I had envisioned. Eventually, I set it up so I could mirror my screen onto the Smartboard using Microsoft's display adapter, but I never could get it to function like I wanted. My school is knee deep in Apple and Android, so trying to lead a class through a lesson on cells using the Nearpod app for Windows while the students were following along using the app on their iPads just didn't jive most of the time.
Now, one thing that I did enjoy about using a tablet in class, especially the DV8P because of its size, was that I could keep it in my labcoat, and grab it whenever and wherever one of my kiddos asked me a science question that I needed to research on the fly before I gave an answer. :) If only my school were using more windows devices....:(

This is an honest, well thought out, and helpful answer. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb